Are low-dose BC pills less effective?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by VANOS, Feb 13, 2005.

1. VANOS

VANOS .

Anyone have any actual research comparing it to regular dose BC pills? I looked up Alesse (very low dose) and the package showed 0.8% failure rate, while regular strength brands, using the same combination, show 0.1% failure rate. An 8x extra likelihood of pregnancy does not seem to be "the same" as everyone has said...

Last edited: Feb 13, 2005
  2. Chrissy

Chrissy dnb doll

when i first started on BC i was on a pretty high dosage and it made me feel sick all the time (as if i were pregnant). i had my doctor lower it twice after that, 5 years later i've never had a problem. :)

3. Neuman

Neuman New Member

wait im confused.

how can it only be 0.1% effective?

4. VANOS

VANOS .

sorry, edited... i was talking about failure rates

5. weakone

weakone New Member

I'm on low dose pills because regular dosage pills made me have morning sickness to the point where I was being sent home from school because it was so bad, and I was a crazy bitch.. Always crying, etc. The low dosage pills haven't given me any trouble, my moods are more steady, and it's easier for me to just say screw it and not let little things bother me. They wouldn't give out lower dosage pills if they weren't effective, or if they were any less effective.

6. I'm on alesse, and I'm actually wondering the same thing

7. djshooter22

djshooter22 Guest

Low-dose is mainly for those women that have bad side effects to regular strenght BC. They are still very effective means of BC, or they would not be sold as BC. If the difference of 0.7% is going to have you worried then you should not be having sex at all, you are not in a position to take on the responsibility of adulthood. There are people out there that take BC as means to control their hormones because their hormones are just too out of wack and cause problems that are hard to deal with without the use of BC. You should discuss this with your doctor and see if low-dose is something you should be using instead of regular, if you think you need to take low-dose.