TAT are jobs getting more leniant toward facial piercings?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by quikkstylez, Jan 28, 2005.

1. quikkstylez

quikkstylez i am not asian.

i was @ the mall today with some friends and im noticing more places employing pierced employees.

some lip rings, eyebrow, even a septum :eek3:

2. Haggard

Haggard VW crew

I think so, im assuming it is with in good taste. and it also depends on the target buyers. Like when i walk into a store i dont judge by what the casheir looks like, I actully think its cool seeing a piercing on someone else, give you sort of an idea what you may want :dunno:

3. quikkstylez

:werd:

4. quikkstylez

what kinda company do you work for?

5. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

I work for a great company that doesn't care what I have pierced or tattooed. We, however, are 3rd party contracted to work at Disney and Universal studios. Disney is super conservative.. No piercings other than Female lower lobes at a "normal" small gauge. They'll easily tell you to lose the piercings of leave the company... they won't even let you interview with jewelry in.

Now, I have 15 ear piercings which include my industrial and my lobes are at 0g, my septum is pierced and so is my lip. I walk into the locker room with all my jewelry and It gets looks, some shocked, some snears.. I guess it's cuz I'm ballsy enough to not give a fuck while I'm back stage. Once onstage I'm just as normal as the rest... cept for the lobes... but those pass since my plugs look like flat earrings.

Needless to say, Yes companies are loosening up... But untill someone big like disney starts to let stuff slide, none of the other conservative places will.

6. Haggard

Haggard VW crew

I figure that bosses and what not are just like my parents, and back when they where growing up it was considered self mutilation and unacceptable to put unnessery holes in you body, i found my self to be more open-minded toward piercings now that i have one myself. The job i work at now doent like it but they dont mind because were not dealing directly with customers. but with school coming up for me i have to find a new job and Ive been leading toward a job at a skate shop or something along thoses lines, due to the open mindedness of the young managers and the target consumer

7. brujito

brujito New Member

My company has always been OK with piercings and tattoos except for service engineers and sales reps since they deal with the customers directly. Hell, we have one guy here with a mullet that reaches his lower back.

8. Ice Rado

Ice Rado New Member

its come a long way but its still not accepted at al0t of places...and state laws usually limit u when u work around f00d...i think its funny cuz at target i can wear everything on my face i want to...they probably wouldn't have hired me had i had everything i do now but if u get it its very accepted...but if u work around f00d i know the limits are now even more strict...only barbells in ur ears...and only 2/ear...no facial piercings at all

9. cuz

cuz Guest

i must say it is getting better, but still not great, i suppose their reasons are understandable since facial piercings make some people (mostly the older generation, ie our parents) a little nervous. however it is slowly getting better

10. quikkstylez

:werd: .. its definitely getting better, also definitely kickass that piercings are beginning to be more accepted :coold:

11. quikkstylez

:rofl:

i used to work @ target .. it was my 1st job :o

12. audrey

audrey New Member

I used to work in a Pharmacy, for a bank and now I am a software tester. I have facial peircings. I used to have a mowhalk and shaved lines and braids once. I dye my hair crazy colours and I have never had it interfer with my work. Lucky for me though. I know people who have had to take stuff out :(

13. Laurel

Laurel New Member

i wasn't allowed to get my tongue pierced when I was working at a donut shop. Since then i've interviewed for 3 jobs with the piercing in, and gotten all of them

14. 4 Leaf Clover

4 Leaf Clover New Member

I work at toys r us and they made me take my nose ring out... i was pissed but i understand.. but they still haven't found out that my tongue is pierced i usually just wear a retainer to hide while i'm work.. yeah most retail jobs are leary about facial piercings.. oh well once i'm gone i'll get my nose pierced again