Are jap bike dealers known for being fucking assholes?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Wobistdu, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Wobistdu

Wobistdu Guest

2nd dealer I went to that deals in suzuki/yamaha/etc. Their service dept is so terrible. They are ignorant and the quality of their work is terrible. I get the first service on my bike. They don't fill it up with enough oil, and they don't even wipe the side of the bike where some ran down. They overfill the fucking coolant, and when I call to ask questions on why they did it they play dumb.

Amazing.

Harley dealers are lightyears ahead when it comes to customer service. :wtc:

2. igotyofire

igotyofire New Member

then go buy a harley or find a dealership that you trust. I have bad relations with my dealership as well, only thing they did was price match for me so thats only reason i purchased it.

3. Raider007

Raider007 om nom nom nom

place where i bought my bike was awesome, if they sold cars, i'd buy from them. super helpful, super nice, above and beyond service... sadly they're 1.5 hours from where i live.

my local dealership service department is really good though, guys are super friendly and did a good job on my bike when i took it in. there sales department sucks ass though, which is why i didn't buy from them. bunch of young guns with no customer service skills...

4. Wobistdu

Wobistdu Guest

:rofl: love the "go buy a harley" comments

5. Wobistdu

Wobistdu Guest

yeah it's fucking annoying. they all seem to be mostly kiss ass salespeople then forget about you when you leave.

6. mtnbikekid08

mtnbikekid08 Aime-moi moins, mais aime-moi longtemps

Only some are.

7. Wobistdu

Wobistdu Guest

still trying to find a good one :hug:

8. swedishstar

swedishstar Active Member

I have had some good and bad experiences. A lot of the guys there spout of what they believe to be true, but is not. I just do all my work myself. Simple things like how much fluid, etc they get wrong. Just guess and don't look it up in the book. I've learned to do research online too after they state something. I don't trust them. :dunno:

9. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

I don't trust anyone when it comes to my vehicles. Seen bad mechanics/shop managers all over.

If you want it done right, do it yourself. If you HAVE to take it into the dealership for warranty work, don't leave the shop until you've gone over everything they touched and make them fix it.

10. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

When i had a sportbike i only had 1 honda dealer within about 100 miles and they were morons so i had to just do everything myself. they were slow to get the work done and tried to stall me after they tried to use the wrong parts and had to re-order the correct parts for a simple issue.

now with my harley i've never had a problem, the harley shops take super care of their customers, it seems like no matter which harley dealer i go to has a well schooled service dept.

11. mtnbikekid08

Yup, because Harley dealers are used to working on bikes.
    They know 99% of the owners don't know how to loosen a single bolt on their bike.

12. Wobistdu

Wobistdu Guest

lol riiiiiight

13. BlkDrgnZ28

BlkDrgnZ28 OT Supporter

i think most are but i fucking hate the salesman mentality and bullshit kissass act

14. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

i dis-agree. Many harley riders are mechanically inclined. some of the weekend warrior accountant types definately not but still. many are able to do work themselves.

I'm under warranty at the moment so i don't bother doing it myself for obvious reasons, and these guys are on top of their game whenever i bring it in.

15. mtnbikekid08

Many? What is many? I'm betting you that at least 80% of harley owners don't know to even change the oil on the bike.

16. PEnGUiN188

PEnGUiN188 New Member

work on your own stuff.

17. Wobistdu

Wobistdu Guest

well in PA... where my family lives, we'll go out riding and stop at bars and stuff. most harley guys are very good at mechanical work

18. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

(i wouldn't go so far as to say people can't change oil, but as far as most maintance goes) the same can be said about sport bikes, cars, etc what's your point? (but come on, changing oil 80%,,,that's gotta be an exageration, any full grown man that's not mentally challenged can change oil)

19. mtnbikekid08

You'd be surprised at the number of bike riders in general who can't even locate the drain hole on their bikes. It's sad to say at the least.

20. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

it says bad things for humanity if people can't chage their oil lol. i'm pretty sure i'd slap any buddy of mine if i found out they couldn't do so on their own.

21. Junkie

Junkie re-tarded OT Supporter

changing the oil on my bike isn't exactly easy :o

22. bubbaZR2

bubbaZR2 i poop too much, then i get tired... OT Supporter

Dealerships in general are fucking pricks. Doesnt matter what they're selling

23. bubbaZR2

bubbaZR2 i poop too much, then i get tired... OT Supporter

Thats cause they're getting serviced all the fucking time

http://www.instantrimshot.com/

24. CantDrv55

CantDrv55 New Member

It's no different than auto service departments. Just look around till you find a good one. The only service dept I use is about 70 miles away, but if I need service it's worth it.

25. Monstrddg

Monstrddg New Member

Your experience may put the Harley dealerships light years ahead. Its unfortunate that most of their bikes are decades behind the metrics. Ive been riding for almost 20 years and seen good and bad in service and sales of both.