GUN are guns more expensive in california

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 00soul, Oct 10, 2005.

1. 00soul

00soul halfsharkalligatorhalfman

ive been lurking on a few gun boards and once in a while i'll come across a comment like "pretty good price for california" or something similar

2. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

probably, cali and guns dont mix. Not to mention when you buy a gun in california, you have to buy some special California approved trigger lock, which is like $25, unless you show them the receipt for a california approved fire-safe

:riaa:

3. 99_civic_ex

99_civic_ex Active Member

From the two guns that I have bought new, yes, they tend to be more expensive here.

4. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

Driving to Reno and buying guns cheaper and quicker ftw!

5. hitnrun99

hitnrun99 New Member

I never had to buy a trigger lock, I never showed the dealer that I had a safe. :wiggle:

6. GAMBOA

GAMBOA Guest

Yea, but if you get caught, it's not worth the trouble.

Do you get around the law some how or do you just bring them illlegal?

7. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

CA. residents can buy guns at the gunstores here. If it's illegal to own in CA though you are on your own. :)

8. GAMBOA

GAMBOA Guest

Cool, I did not know you were able to do that. I always had the understanding that you could only buy handguns at the state you live in. The last time I was in Vegas, they had this Colt that I really like at a pawn shop. I was willing to buy the handgun if they sold it to me. The pawn shop guy would not bust.

9. 70Machwon

70Machwon New Member

14.99. But i just returned it the next day.

the worst part was 30 minutes worth of paperwork the 1st day, 10 day wait, 1 hr to get the gun out of the store. And it was a shotgun at big 5.

Your right, CA and guns dont mix.

10. emad

emad Lost

the guy at the gun shop told me you have to also wait 30 days after you buy a gun if you want to buy another gun or rifle :hs:

11. 99_civic_ex

that is for new guns. if you buy used, you can buy one everyday if you want. the only problem is that if you buy a used gun within 2 or 3 days (something like that) the dealer has to notify the doj. such stupid laws :rolleyes:

12. timmy8151

timmy8151 New Member

The 1 gun a month rule only applies to handguns not longguns. You can get around the 1 handgun a month rule if you have a C&R FFL and a COE.

13. Henry47

Henry47 New Member

in the bay area it is very true. A glock you can buy online for $450-470 brand new + $15 shipping + $40 transfer fee = approx $510 OTD. The local gunstores sell glocks for $600-700 before tax.

14. kalm823

kalm823 He who lives on hopes dies of starvation

I just picked up a brand new Glock 23 for $550 OTD :dunno:

15. GAMBOA

GAMBOA Guest

Here in Bakersfield, you could get a Glock OTD for around 500 bucks, NIB. The 1911's in the other hand, you can't find one for less than 600 unless it's a RIA.

16. Henry47

Henry47 New Member

which store was this? I've been to tabors and jackson arms, and their glocks are around $650. I've seen USED glocks for $500+

17. emad

emad Lost

turners is selling the g23 for $499 right now

18. iplay72

iplay72 OT Supporter

looking for a new G19 in southern california. anybody have a suggestion on where to buy? online? or a specific store?

19. Henry47

Henry47 New Member

www.topglock.com
    www.ordnanceoutsellers.com (i recommend this website above top glock. The owner is a stand up guy and provides EXCEPTIONAL customer service. I've read testimonials on other forums where a customer buy a certified preowned sig, but there was a delay due to the hurricane in Florida (where the shop is located) so to make up for the inconvenience, the owner sent him a BRAND NEW sig free of charge. Another testimonial comes from me. Since I live in California, I am only allowed to have 10 rd mags for any gun. Since the sig p229r I purchased came with 12rd sigs, he had to wait for sig to swap his 12 rd mags for 10 rd mags to send to me, but since sig was taking a few days longer than expected, he threw in an extra magazine free of charge for the inconvenience.

btw, ordnanceoutsellers sells glocks for $470, same price as topglock except u get customer service

20. 99_civic_ex

i've found that you don't save all that much by purchasing online. you have to pay for shipping, tax, and dros (any maybe some more bullshit fees that i may be forgetting)... and not all dealers are willing to complete out of state purchases. not only that, but your 10 day wait starts from when the pistol comes in. i've thought about purchasing online but the trouble just doesn't seem worth it... that and i don't mind supporting the local "cool" gunshops.