Are flat panel LCD TVs really THAT bad?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 4bangin, Dec 28, 2003.

1. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence

Mar 16, 2000
    My TV has been going to shit lately so for christmas my parents decided to buy me a new one. Right now I have a 30" (I think it's 30) POS Proscan. But the thing is my bedroom was originally a bonus room, so it sucks. About 4' off the floor the ceiling slants (i'll get a pic if needed for some reason). So If I got just a regular tube tv it would stick a few feet into my room. But they got me a 23" flat panel so that I can just hang it on the wall.

Now. Am I really going to be disappointed? I always see negative comments on OT about lcd and plasma tvs. Should I see if they will exchange it for a larger tv and just deal with it sticking out? I havnt recieved it yet. They were out of stock and I don't pick it up until the 16th of Jan. I know it i sa huge step up from what I have now, but what would you all do?
  2. bing

bing Guest

what kind is it?
  3. kza

kza Guest

LCD TV is better than plasma, but more expensive. You could get a 42" plasma for the price of a 30" LCD. You can get a pretty flat big screen tv that uses DLP or something like that. They are relatively thin and won't have burn in problems like regular tv and plasma.