Are big noses really that big of a deal?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Mr.RollingStone, Sep 13, 2007.

1. I'm wondering because I'm really self conscious about my nose. It isn't that big but it is larger than average. I'm really self conscious about it however I wonder if I make a bigger deal about it than it really is. I've hooked up with some extremely hot girls in my life so I know I'm not that ugly but I am just really self conscious about my nose. Is it really that big (lol) of a deal?

2. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

even if they don't love you nose, that should be all the proof you need that it doesnt matter. some people have really big noses that fit their face. even if your doesn't, don't sweat it.

3. kiri

kiri New Member

on guys i don't think they're bad at all (usually). a big nose is much manlier than a cute little button nose on a guy lol. i'd have to see pics of your specific nose to make a good judgment though. my boyfriend has a pretty big honker and it looks good on him :dunno:

4. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

It's as big of a deal as you make it out to be.

5. Rich

Rich New Member

Pics of huge snoz?

6. Two toys

Two toys New Member

i have a big nose and while i make jokes about it, girls seem to think its cute and definately dont see it as a big deal.

and i also just blame it on the fact that i'm a Jew

7. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Dude you're in the same boat as me. I obsess about my looks constantly, but you have to remember that that is a MALE thinking habit. You assume that, because you place a high deal of importance on a woman's looks, that she places that same high deal of importance on your looks. It doesn't always work that way.

Look around. I'm SURE you've seen gorgeous girls with average looking guys.

These guys probably had money and power.

Money and power help with confidence.

Chicks dig confidence like men dig good looks.

That being said, I still cannot take my own advice, I still obsess over my looks, and I still only feel good (confident) when I think I look good.

8. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

btw in for pics.

9. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Oh, and you might meet a chick who loves your nose. Everyone has their own tastes. Some of the women my friends think are "gorgeous" make me go :ugh:, and I'm sure some of the GFs I thought were 9s or 10s, my friends thought were 6s.

You have your own ideals of what looks good. You apply these ideals to yourself and, when you don't fit them, it lowers your confidence. Each woman has her own ideals about what looks good, and you might fit the mold for some of them.

My ex, who was gorgeous, always told me I was good looking. I was glad she was attracted to me, but I always thought she was nuts when she said it. That being said, I didn't agree with her taste in men, which probably explains why I don't think I'm good looking, but she did.

10. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

wtf. you say you've hooked up with really hot girls despite your big nose, and yet you're still worried that it may be a hindrance in you being able to hook up with girls?

think about that logic.

11. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

You honestly are a lost cause.

12. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Big noses have never bugged me. My bf is Jewish :big grin: But yeah, unless your nose is really large and/or funny looking it's actually one of the very last things I care about. I look much more at teeth, eyes, hair, lips, etc.

13. Yep, I'll be first to admit it makes no sense. I have hooked up with beautiful girls and I have been told many times how attractive I am but yet I still have low confidence and I am still driven crazy by certain aspects of myself. It doesn't make much sense I know, I am pretty crazy in the head and I honestly think I have some serious problems.

14. iwishyouwerebeer

You're normal dude. I have a really different nose and though I've never even had anyone make a comment about it, and have been told I am beautiful it is still the first thing I look at in the mirror and in pictures. It's just one of those things. Everyone usually has some part of their body that they are insecure about, the difference is that a lot of timed they aren't front and center on someone's face. That's why some people don't understand how you can still be insecure, because they just figure they can hide their love handles with the right clothes.

Either way, I'm sure your nose is completely fine and it has not stunted your game, so just remind yourself of that. Girls won't care if you don't care.

15. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

Unless it grotesque, I can deal with a larger then average sniffer. This thread makes me think of Steve Martins nose jokes in "Roxanne".

16. kEVOgt350

kEVOgt350 Like a flashlight on but lost, my energy's there b

I've got Japanese, Italian, Irish and Austrian blood in me. My brothers and I are only one quarter Italian and we all managed to get the big Italian nose...must be the dominant gene :rolleyes:

When it comes up (which is rare) I tell them I have a Roman nose and that it reminds me that I have Italian blood in me. Sounds a lot better than "ya, I have a huge shnoz"

17. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

You missed the next two lines.

Did I say "money and power = getting chicks?" No.

I just said money and power will increase your confidence, which in turn will help you be more successful with chicks.

18. iwishyouwerebeer

That's actually a great way of reframing any negative comments! Go you.

19. Jimeigh

Jimeigh Every rook and jay in the corvidae have been raven

remember our friend Doug Funnie

[​IMG]

he too was self-conscious about his big nose. but in the end, the girl he liked thought that his nose gave him character. of all the reasons Doug never fucked Patty Mayonnaise, his huge shnoz was the least of these. Now, go and fuck yourself some Patty Mayonnaise.

20. iwishyouwerebeer

Nothing will beat this post

/thread

21. fray

fray New Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

22. scotty

scotty why don't you take a seat right over there? OT Supporter

I have a big nose also so I guess I fit the common "Jew nose" phrase. I think it looks pretty bad but I don't know if its as bad as I make it out to be. One girl I hooked up with said she loved guys with big noses :dunno: I thought that was weird but whatever floats your boat.

23. Yeah that is kinda weird that she'd say that. I've never actually ever heard a girl mention anything about my nose though so idk

24. Jimeigh

Jimeigh Every rook and jay in the corvidae have been raven

heres a movie you ought to see!

[​IMG]

25. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

:werd: