MIL Are anonymous cards and letters welcome when overseas?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 123yenxtc, Nov 26, 2008.

1. 123yenxtc

123yenxtc New Member

I was e-mailed a link to send an e-card to someone in the service overseas. http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html. My question is this. I think it's a great idea and did actually type a few personal notes versus elect the boilerplate messages, but would a note from a random person be welcome?

For those who know what it's like to be away from home, do you think this this kind of service is a good thing or misdirected good intentions?

I was about to forward the link to my friends and family, but thought to post here to get some feedback. I also welcome any links or websites of products and services that would be practical and/or comforting to someone away from home.

2. thekinggovernor

thekinggovernor OT Supporter

if you want the 100% truth it depends on who recieves the message.

Some guys don't give a fuck but I always appreciated them, it reminded me that I was an American fighting for an American cause.

3. RecklessYouth

RecklessYouth godamnlurker

Agreed. I always appreciated the random messages and letters. Some other guys just glance at them and throw them away. The best ones are the messages from little kids saying things like "thanks for killing bad guys, I hope you win" or "come home soon, and bring some oil with you".

4. e.pie

e.pie Active Member

:werd: I enjoy reading them

5. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

ditto.

I liked the ones that included their return address. I made a point to reply to as many as I could.

6. 123yenxtc

123yenxtc New Member

Awww. Thanks for the input. They made me want to continue to write and hope my notes get to someone who wants to correspond or at least can feel a link to home. The site I first linked to above didn't allow for an exchange of personal information so I've found I had an interest in finding a service who creates essentially e-pen pals with the option of a real correspondence exchange. If anyone knows of a site or service, kindly link me in.