GUN are all 01 FFL's this dumb?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by t1h, Jul 13, 2007.

1. t1h

t1h Guest

I bought a Hakim (different one from my picture of my hakim thread) for parts. It was missing several parts, but I just bought it because it was insanely cheap and still had many good parts I could keep for my good Hakim or resell. So anyway, I went to a local pawn shop a couple of weeks ago that was on Gunbroker.com's Find a Transfer Dealer page. The owner was there and I talked to him about doing the transfer. He wanted the Sender's (guy i bought it from) 01 FFL before he'd give me the pawn shop's FFL to send to the Sender. I was like :ugh: and trying to explain to him that only the recipient needs to have an 01 FFL. Finally he gave him and gave me a signed copy of his 01 FFL that I sent to the Sender.

The Hakim came in, so I went to the pawn shop to do the 4473 and pick it up. The owner wasn't there today and the pawn shop wanted the sender's 01 FFL and I had to explain to the staff that the sender doesn't need to send his 01 FFL (or any other identification for that matter) and they didn't say anything, but when they opened the box his 01 FFL was in there anyway. so they did the transfer.

are they this dumb though? And when I showed them my 03 FFL the employees were just like :confused: like they've never seen one before. Also when the lady opened the box and pulled out the rifle (in its packaging) she was like, this feels like its going to fall apart, and I was like yes I know, its just for parts, and then she was like, well why do we have to do the 4473 then, and I was like, because the rifle contains the receiver which the ATF regulates.

And thats another thing, with C&R FFL's i've heard it both ways, that with military firearms, they have to be in "original configuration", that missing parts will make it not C&R eligible, but that you can ship receivers as a C&R FFL as well (and i've also read that C&R's can't ship receivers only), but making changes to the fire arm (bubba'd the stock) makes it not C&R anymore also.

2. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

alot of them are unfortunately.

3. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Most ffl's will mail the receiving ffl a copy of their license with the gun as a courtesty.

4. soccaian

soccaian New Member

:werd:

we always did that.

5. striker754

striker754 Chillin

95% of them are.

6. t1h

t1h Guest

legally only the recipient needs a FFL, not the sender. so the pawn shop shouldn't of even asked if the guy included his FFL