GUN AR15 help?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by WiLL, May 28, 2006.

1. WiLL

WiLL Active Member

http://www.coldwarshooters.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17&products_id=101

[​IMG]

I am planning on getting that for my rifle. But I am pretty much a noob when it comes to ARs. When I get that upper, it doesnt look like it has a rear sight. Will I need to buy a rear sight for it? If so, is there an universal mount for the rear sight for that particular upper?

Also, when I choose to get optics in the future, what mounts do I need to get? It looks like theres already a mounting system on the upper, but it doesnt look like Weaver mounts...which is what I am most familiar with.

School me. :o

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To use iron sights on it you have 2 choices get a removable carry handle :greddy: or get this http://www.eaglefirearms.net/ARMSnumber40.htm :cool: with the A4 upper buis will mount right on

3. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

Yeah that is a flat top, which would only be used if you were getting a scope.

4. itchiban

itchiban New Member

That is the same upper I have, except I swapped my handguards for the thicker "M4" style ones. If you ever plan on using a eotech/aimpoint or similar scope, go for a flip up or fixed rear sight. If not, the carry handle isn't a bad option. RRA has a mount for the Eotech with a built in BUIS. Thats the way I think I'm going.

5. WiLL

WiLL Active Member

If I get that BUIS, can I still use other optics at the same time? Or will I have to remove it?

6. SnakeEater

SnakeEater OT Supporter

If youre using an Eotech,You can..Not sure bout others though.I have my Bushy M4 set up the same way.But,I have a Larue Eo mount.You can attack or take off in a heart beat and still holds it`s zero.

7. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

I have an A.R.M.S #40 and an EOTech on a LaRue Tactical quick detatch mount... I love it.