GUN AR10 Lower Pricing

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by vwpilot, Jan 7, 2009.

1. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

Ok, have a question for you guys.

I found a brand new stripped DPMS AR10 lower for $325. I know that AR10 lowers always were more than AR15, but never really priced them before to see how much more.

Is $325 fair right now for a stripped lower considering?

I dont really have the money for a full rifle right now and so thought this would be an ok pickup if the price is ok to at least get in the safe before prices go any higher and build up at a later date.

Wait times on full rifles is insane right now but since I'm not sure when I'll have the money, I dont want to put one on order and have it come in at a bad time. Plus, I still have a suppressor on order and an SBR I'll have to pay for soon. :x:

Anyway, just want OT's input on the pricing and see if its worth it or not to pick up.

Also, if anyone knows, is DPMS basically the only upper that is compatible with their lower? I've heard the KAC ones are as well, but those are big time money methinks and not sure I'd go for one of those. Just curious as to what my options would be down the road.

Thanks.

2. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

AR-10 now?

jesus you have alot of badass toys

3. Admitted

Admitted I shouldn't be on OT right now.

I have been looking at these for a while. It seems on par with armalite lowers, so it's a fair price.

not sure about mixing the uppers and lowers though.

4. reman

reman New Member

CMMG has lowers that take G3 mags.

5. john in jax

john in jax New Member

AFAIK the DMPS lowers are proprietary as far as mags and uppers. You will also want to order/use the appropriate LR-308 buffer and spring, etc....

You should, however, be able to build the lower with any generic AR lower parts kit, keeping in mind the exceptions noted above.

6. one66stang

one66stang Haters.com

There was a guy on snipershide that was fixing to start selling milled lowers for $350 might search over there

7. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

Cool, thanks.

I know a lot of stuff can be proprietary and I know the DPMS mags are. I know that not any upper fits either.

We'll see, I was just curious about the cost at this point and see if its fair or not. Not sure if I will pick it up, but wanted to get an idea before I spent too much time thinking about it.

Thanks for the info.

8. I know my local shop was selling DPMS AR-10 lowers for $299 a week before the election.

9. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

300-400 (or more) is common for AR-10 styled lowers.

After looking at the AR-10 options and eventually getting away from 7.62/.308, I went and I paid the full $415 for my 6.5 Creedmor lower, and it's still on order with DPMS.

10. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

Stripped I'm assuming?