AR Speakers

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Armmed & Hammered, Aug 20, 2003.

1. I was looking into buying some bookshelf speakers for my home theatre. Since I'm on a budget I can't afford anything all that great.

Has anyone had any experience with Accoustic Research? If so are they good or bad?

Right now I have a JVC Home theatre that was bought about 2 years ago and it came with 2 Front, 1 Center, 2 Rear speakers. Can I replace the back 2 rear speakers with bookshelf speakers, or would it sound like crap? :X:

Here's the Specs on the bookshelf speakers from AR

AR Factory Reflex Bookshelf Speaker PS2062 Pair

System type: Two-way bass reflex
    Woofer: 6 1/2"
    Tweeter: 1" silk dome
    Frequency response: 45Hz-20kHz ±3dB
    Sensitivity:90 db
    System impedance: 8 ohms
    Recommended amplifier power: 20-125 watts
    Dimensions: 15 3/4" x 8 3/4" x 10 1/2" (HxWxD)
    Weight: 15 1/2 lbs./ea.
    Finish: Black ash
  2. 04

04 Guest

I don't understand? Why would you put the new AR speakers in the rear?

3. My Cats knocked down the rear speakers off the speakers stands and they broke :rofl:

I wanted a sturdier heavier speaker by my couch that produces clearer bass. The website recommended these particular speakers for the rear.

I wish they had them in silver, b/c that's basically the color of all my stero equiptment Tv, and Entertainment system
  4. All these Electronic experts and nobody can tell me if AR are decent speakers :fawk:
  5. LBKornhusker

LBKornhusker Muscular cyborg German dude dances with sexy Frenc

Jun 3, 2001
    They are decent speakers, but you should have a listen for yourself before buying. That way you can tell if you like it, and it won't really matter what we say. ;)
  6. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

Jul 15, 2001
    they are a decent company, not really that bad at all. they used to be well recieved in the audio world, then lost their sparkle a little when they were bought out by recoton(jensen, road gear, advent, gameshark, periphrial, phase linear, etc).
  7. 04

04 Guest

Well, what I would do is put the AR speakers in the front, and the crappy home theater in a box speakers in the back.
  8. Sounds good thanks!