Aquisition(sp?)>Limewire

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Legend Zero, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

Wow this program is so much nicer, played around with a few searches and seems just as much information comes up. But, the nice thing is, aquisition only seems to use about 50mb of memory where limewire used around 200mb of memory for me :rolleyes: .. so aquisition is just 20x more snappier and doesn't really slow down the overal computer if you have alot of programs open..

Really cool program, i am tempted to pay the one time fee, as i think the pop-up subscriber message may bother me, but i guess a $15 one time fee is not bad at all.. :)

Nice thing about limewire was, i downloaded limewire pro off of limewire..so it was not bothersome with pop-ups. :wtc:

2. Noel

Noel New Member

acquisition works well, except some songs are impossible to find.

Some songs i've searched for, I get like a 100 matches, but all of them refuse to download.

3. Knightmare69

Knightmare69 Hater

I switched back to Limewire from Acquisiition cuz Aqc just didn't have enough results when I searched.

4. Blair

Blair New Member

i have never had a problem with acquisition. the most positive P2P experiance i have ever had.

5. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

i still like limewire...probably because I have pro already and don't feel like changing.

6. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

Yeah, i like limewire to, i mean i never had a real "problem" with it.. just i have the 12inch pb and it only has 512mb of ram right now...and since limewire is sucha resource hog..really can tell..

i guess i can't wait to get my gig of ram this summer..hopefully i don't scratch my case or nething with the install!

7. omgwtfbbqryan

omgwtfbbqryan OT Supporter

8. Laserbeak

Laserbeak Remember kids! Be like Billy! BEHAVE YOURSELVES!

Poisoned > Acquisition > Limewire.

Paying to use a P2P app = lose.

9. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

doesn't make sense.

Essentially, Acquisition connects you to the Limewire networks, along with Bear Share and other P2P's.

No reason to go from limewire to acquisiton. Plus Acquisition downloads straight to iTunes, then deletes the un-needed files.

10. urban ape

urban ape take that take that take that

acquisition = win

11. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

huh? if your connected to more networks, wouldn't it be better to go to aquistion plus like i said.. limewire is a resoruce hog and that matters alot to ppl like me with no upgraded parts (i havee 512mb of memory)..so aquisiton is alot nicer in that it opens alot quicker, and my overal computer isn't that slowed down.

Hmm, i have never given this much look, i will check it out and see how it looks. The only other mac forum i go on (devoted just for macs) is very anti p2p's and bittorents and such..and the only name ever dropped is aquistion so that is what i tried, but i will have a look at poisoned..thank you. :)

12. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

No, I was agreeing with you, just dissagree with the guy I quoted.

13. Knightmare69

Knightmare69 Hater

Well, I've used all three and oddly enough, limewire performs the best of all three for me personally. I get more hits on limewire then on the other 2, limewire dl's straight to itunes also and it just tends to freeze alot less then the others.