SRS April 16th

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JustJeff, Apr 16, 2008.

1. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

What does April 16th mean to you?

To me, exactly one year ago: April 16th, 2007, my life completely changed, not because I moved 600 miles away from my parents, not because I was living on my own, not because I was going to college.

One year ago, I witnessed something that I wish I never had to, something that I hope to never have to live through again.

One year ago, I witnessed the shootings at Virginia Tech. It's weird how feelings that I thought I didn't have anymore are still there, deep down inside of me. I don't think they will ever leave. It's something that I'm going to carry around with me for the rest of my life.

This is really the first time that I saw what happens when one man plays the role of death: choosing which lives he wants to take with the pull of a trigger. 32 of my fellow Hokies lost their lives prematurely last year, and I hope that each one of those 32 will exist within me for the rest of my life.

I sit here and write this to you, because it needed to be said. I feel that loss is something that each and every one of us can relate with, and I know that I'm not the only one that feels this way about losing someone you care about.

I am a Hokie, and I always will be a Hokie for the rest of my life, and then some.

Thank you for listening.

2. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

:hug:

Were you in one of the classrooms, or were you around the campus when it happened?

Eitherway, nice post.

RIP to all the wonderful students who were taken that day.

3. BTCollins

BTCollins I met a gypsy and she hipped me to some life game

nice post and your right, loss is an experience that we all share,something we all can relate on. Cannot believe it was a year ago..

RIP

4. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

:hug:

I can't believe it's been a year since that happened :eek3:

5. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

6. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

I was right next to the building.

A few more minutes and who knows...

7. Malkavian Star

Malkavian Star New Member

I know it's not the same you went through but,I witnessed a suicide shooting when I was very young.

I still think of it often and how death can come in such a brutal and instant way.

I never knew the person so for me it wasn't a personal loss as such, but I lost a part of my innocence and the incident,(I was only 13) made me realize just how precious life is.

RIP to all the fallen of April 16th and may all the survivors find the way to live on without fear and sorrow.

8. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

:hug: It's really hard to believe this was a year ago, wow..