Appropriate first date dinner?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by ElChupacabra, Sep 18, 2007.

1. ElChupacabra

ElChupacabra we should have fucking shotguns

I've read not to make it to impressive because it sets a standard, etc, but I just invited a woman I know to see Resident Evil on Saturday. She said if she wasn't working, we were on. This will be my first real date in 15 years. :noes: Is Outback too spendy? What about an intimate little Italian place with 20 tables? McDonalds?

2. ware_ru

ware_ru I know, I know, I'm amazing

dear mods: a modest proposal

Step 4: The Date. Create a new sticky that talks all about "The Date" and people will post nice long posts on what to do about the first date, when to go, where to go, whether to pay, and so on and so forth. This is maybe the most common question on this board and it would be nice for everyone. It won't get much traffic at first but leave it there; as time goes on it will surely fill up quite well

These things are going to make the vag much more effective and help all of us out. Thanks in advance.

3. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

^^wtf :rofl:

anyhow....to the original poster:

I think either one of those places would be fine. I think if it's dinner and a movie, Outback would be fine because those events/activiteis are more laid back.

A nice little quaint Italian restaruant would be nice if you two were just having dinner and going back to the house or something a little bit more upscale.

4. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

Personally I think outback is incredibly over priced for what it offers. The service in my experience isn't anything exceptional and neither is the environment. It's a steak house and you're paying a lot of money for an average steak.

I _love_ steak but I'd pick a different restaurant over outback for sure. Small quaint Italian would be nice.. how well do you know this woman?

5. Bugalu

Bugalu OT Supporter

I'd even be warry to take her to dinner on a first date. Women are incredibly self concious to how they eat infront of people they dont know. Unless you know this woman well I wouldent take her out to eat. I also wouldent take her to see a movie on a first date, epecialy something like resident evil.

besides that sounds like a great date!

:dunno:

6. NightyNight

NightyNight OT Supporter

suggestions to replace dinner and movie then?

7. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:rofl: @ Resident Evil

8. upparoom

upparoom OT Supporter

nothing wrong with Outback. Not too expensive, not too cheap either.

however, a movie for a first date isnt really that hot. You talk during dinner, but then theres that 2 hours of dead time during the movie. You cant talk, dont know each other well enough to touch each other during the movie.

if you must, Id suggest movie first, then dinner. At least that way, if the conversation stalls during dinner, you can always start talking about the movie you two just saw

9. Pringles

Pringles New Member

I'd suggest something more social. Movies works when your in HS or middle school and you wanna put your arm around some chick. Unless your going back to your place after I dont think your making the night very social.

But congrats for breaking 15 years!

10. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Try going bowling or roller skating or something like that. Inexpensive, casual, plenty of opportunities to poke fun at each other..

11. Bugalu

Bugalu OT Supporter

yep, bowling is always good and more fun with 2 extra people.

12. owenstar

owenstar New Member

Bowling is where you take someone you hate...bahahah

I went on dates or whatever with the two girls I had been with for a long time...I wouldnt call them dates since we knew each other well...but we went out and did shit...

Both of those girls are gone so I am taking new girls out

I did the italian resturant thing and it worked well....Italian is easy...one they can just have a salad....but everyone like pasta....then you can figure out if they are a steak house chick for dinner number two...

I wasnt thrilled with the idea of "movie"...you cant chat during a movie...you dont get to bond...thank god it fell apart and we went cart racing...we had a great time and got to talk while buying tickets and waiting in line...

Good luck with it....I think learning the most you can on date one sets up every other date....prove to her that she is cooler than just dinner and a movie...be creative...then hit the movies on date 4 or 5

just my advice...good luck

13. ElChupacabra

Ok, more info. I've known her two years, my daughter baby sits for her, her son and my son alternate spending the night with each other some weekends. She's helping me paint my house. The proposition for the date was "would you like to go see resident evil?" so changing it to bowling or something would prolly seem odd.

edit: I don't know her well, but we had already talked about RE coming out when she was over here painting a couple weeks ago. Obviously, tho, I'd like to get to know her better.

14. ElChupacabra

I've been married...

15. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

Out back? is def not too pricey, relax cowboy... mcDonalds? are you fucking kidding me....

16. ElChupacabra

Yes, mcdonalds was a joke, but Outback is probably in the top 3 most expensive places withing 50 miles of here.

17. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

How about Kelsey's ;)

18. ElChupacabra

never heard of it, don't have one.

19. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

hmm, :dunno: the movie then dinner thing worked for me. We saw the movie then had dinner and spent about 3hrs talking.

20. ElChupacabra

No, I don't even think they have pizza. It's a mom n pop authentic Italian little romantic place that's been there since the early 70s, owned by the same people who opened it. On weekends they have live music (either a guitar or piano player).

21. scent of a wookie

scent of a wookie OT Supporter

22. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

Not for nothin, but I fuckin love mom n pop authentic Italian little romantic places.

23. ware_ru

read every post of mine (jkidd5) in the sticky in the archive you fucking medal of honor mother fucker. godspeed

24. ElChupacabra

Well, she was a no call, no show. Never let me know by Thursday like she said she would, nothing since then, either. I didn't call her, I waited for her to call me like she said.

Next move?

25. ware_ru

read every post of mine (jkidd5) in the sticky in the archive you fucking medal of honor mother fucker. godspeed

Also, I don't know if my posts about the phone are in there, but if htey're not and you have a sub, search under my name, and also jkidd5's, in the Vag on the word phone.