approaching the ladies/girlies

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Mojo, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Mojo

Mojo New Member

i ask, how do you guys do it? ive never approached a lady directly and start a convo because im shy to. i guess i think of only the negative aspects. probably growing up with my sis yelling at her male friends gets me afraid cause i dont want that happening to me. i drive around a lot and see a lot of goodlooking ladies in the city, do they feel comfortable if i just pull next to them while there walking and just say like "hey there, would you happen to need a ride?" or something nice to offer? or approaching in a car is a downfall because they would feel like prositutes or something?

what gets you motivated to approach another? whats your personal advice/tips? ladies, please chime in:)

im 19, male if it matters. no im not one of those ugly fat dudes that stay on the comp posing as a hot boy LOL.

2. HoVa

HoVa New Member

seriously, just go up and say "hey. you seem (happy/sad) today. any particular reason?"

or "hey, how are you doing?"

or "hey, thats a sweet (shirt/short/skirt/hairdo). where did you get it at?"

anything really. and no, dont pull up next to them w/ your car and scream "hey ladies, wanna ride? HOLLA!"

3. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

It seems you worry about thier responce before you make your approach. You need to stop that and find some way to build up some self esteem or something. Is it really a big deal for you to go talk to some chick?

Just think if you were just standing around and some chick came up and started talking to you. Even if she wasnt special and you didnt want to date her, you would still like the attention right? So will she. If she doesnt she moves on, you move on. Its like meeting someone in the subway and never talking to them again, it happends all the time.

Also this isnt high school, if you make a full of yourself, its not like you are going to be the topic of her conversations for the next few weeks. Most people forget about crap like that.

What gets me motivated? Im friendly and talk to everyone. I hate to see a woman by herself just standing around quietly. And why miss out a chance to get a yes. Even if there is a 99% chance she wouldnt talk to me, there is still 1% she will. What is there to lose?

4. Mojo

Mojo New Member

thanks for the advice.
    yes i do worry about there responce rather than my approach. but i had an idea of just approaching a random girl for practice or something. ugly or not, it'll build up expierence i guess?

but it seems like if the girl is really attractive, i feel like she will be harder to get. cause i know for a fact there are ditsy girls out there that think there all that and treat others like dirt because they know there beatiful.

5. walman7

walman7 "Did you hurl in my shoe?"

haha yea i know what you talkin about. if i see a hot chick with this total bitchy attitude like she's all that i will never even look at her cuz i can't stand that shit.

when a hot bitchy chick like that starts talkin to me i wont even give her the time of day cuz i know she thinks she can get any guy she wants. its funny when i'm with my boys and i tell her off they get so mad at me.:fawk:

6. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Whatever you do, don't pull up to some girl walking on the street and ask them for a ride. That is weird. ;P

7. interstate

interstate New Member

I've got a question that is related...

How would you approach a girl who is either working at a store (like a cashier, or whatever) or shopping in the same store? There are some obvious things you can say, like commenting on something they're buying, or asking them a question about merchandise, but if you can't come up with anything to talk about (say it's some random girl jsut walking around, not looking at anything in particular, etc..)

Or the same scenario, but you're just walking around town/park whatever...

I always see beautiful girls I'd like to talk to, but I never know how I could start a conversation..

8. MZ89

MZ89 New Member

A good way is sya you're somewhere with liek a pool table or something like that... you see this girl playing with one of her friends maybe... and then you and your friend can challenge them to a game and get to know each other..

9. HoVa

HoVa New Member

if you want to talk to a cashier(like at a grocery store), then youd better be fast about it. often times, you wont even have time to talk. so just leave your number (discretely, so she wont get embarrassed) and whisper
    "give me a call, and maybe i'll share this ice cream w/ you"

if youre in a store and shes shopping for clothes or something, ask for her opinion on something that you wanted to buy.

the point is that the intro can be anything. think of a hot girl coming up to you. do you remember the first words that she says to you or do you remember just the general content of the conversation?

10. HoVa

HoVa New Member

but then you go home w/ nothing. bitchy or not just makes it all the more fun.

11. walman7

walman7 "Did you hurl in my shoe?"

touché hova... touché

i'll find solace in the fact that i hopefully ruined her self esteem:hsd:

12. HoVa

HoVa New Member

in a perfect world, yes. but there are always more pussy deprived guys out there that will do anything for it. so its all in vain.

13. yo vanilla

yo vanilla New Member

you have to approach them just like you would any other person - friendly and not wanting to "get" something out of the enounter - they can smell that a mile away. practice with small talk, with girls that are around you every day, like you're both waiting for your food and its taking forever, or the girl who sits next to you in class. just remember "its no big deal" and things will work themselves out eventually. my job puts me shaking hands with millionares everyday, and once upon a time it was intimidating, but remember that we all put our pants on the same way in hte morning, know what i mean?

14. D

D A guiltless state of self awareness.. The process

I agree with that.

15. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Most people go through their boring days dying to have someone to talk to. Of course some are very antisocial but they are quite rare. I think the most important thing to do when you approach someone is to smile