approaching in a dance class

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by tominos, Feb 6, 2007.

1. tominos

tominos New Member

well i'm in this dance class and there are a few hotties in there. i want to ask one of them out to a dance, but how do i do that with so many other people around? i feel if i get turned down, it would be very awkward. maybe like 25 girls in this class and 15 guys.

2. kdizzle59

kdizzle59 New Member

Just go and talk to the one your interested in. dont talk to every girl or the potential ones will think you are just desperate or you are a player. you have something in common already because your in the class. use it to your advantage

3. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Which is worse: future regret looking back and you never made a move, or potentially being rejected?

The problem here is you believe that if you put yourself out there and she rejects you, that you have done something wrong.

It is 100% natural for you to approach a woman and attempt to have a date with her. If she declines or makes an excuse then thats actually good because now you can move on to the next girl.

Women love men as much as we love them. Women are literally out there waiting for you to approach them. Life is too short to be hesitant!

The only way to progress is to get out of your comfort zone.

Saw this quote in a bodybuilding magazine and I think it applies in your case:

"The only time you're actually growing in life is when you become uncomfortable."

4. Memor

Memor Active Member

^ very true

dance class would be a pretty easy spot to make her laugh, poking fun at either her dancing, your dancing, other peoples, the songs that were playing, your teacher...anything to get her giggling and warm up to you, then just feel it out and eventually suggest it in a fun and relaxed way with a smile

5. tominos

tominos New Member

we were dancing the waltz so no problem getting her to laugh there. guess i just gotta man up and do it. now, do i do it in the class, or right after?

6. tominos

tominos New Member

also, how does this sound?

hey, i was wondering if you wanna go to a dance with me?

jesus, its been a while since i've asked anybody out. i've only asked one girl out and she ended up being my gf for a year and a half.

7. ArthurPewty

ArthurPewty New Member

Or "We should do this more often, like maybe Saturday."

Or "I wonder if you would dance so well at (insert name of dance place you want to take her)."

Whatever, just ask.

By the way, I've heard of guys taking dance classes to meet women, do some women also sign up for dance classes hoping to meet men?

8. tominos

tominos New Member

:dunno: there probably are a couple in there looking to meet guys. there is an overwhelming amount of girls in that class. so much so that there are not enough leaders to dance with all the girls, so sometimes the girls have to dance alone.

"Whatever, just ask."

i guess this is the most important part. i just always feel like i'm gonna sound like a dumbass. you guys ever get this feeling?

9. Alexqzilla

Alexqzilla New Member

"Would you be interested in going to a dance with me?"

God, it's like the 8th grade loser wall all over again

10. tominos

tominos New Member

haha. whats the 8th grade loser wall?

seriously.

11. Alexqzilla

Alexqzilla New Member

Middle school dance. There's a wall where all the nerds sit or stand akwardly because no one will dance with them and they're too afraid to ask.

I had my own spot. My theory is the girls just can't handle the foreskin.

12. lauren

lauren Active Member

i take dance courses almost every semester, and i think most of them do it because they enjoy it, not bc they want to meet guys. girls take c if they want to hook up.

only two types of guys take dance.....gays and those looking to score.

13. scent of a wookie

scent of a wookie OT Supporter

c?

14. lauren

lauren Active Member

programing? of all the engineering/math/science courses ive taken, it's had the most favorable ratio for females.

15. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Inviting her on a date is very simple.

Step 1. Plan the Date.

As the man, it is your duty to make the date plan. Do this before you move to step 2. This includes the when and the where.

Step 2. Invite her on the date.

Tell her what the plan is and let her know that she is invited. An example:

"I'm going bowling Thursday at 7 PM. Are you coming?"

or

"I've been wanting to check out this new dance club. Will you be joining me?"

If she agrees, immediately firm up all the details so that you don't have to call back before the date.

If she hesitates or gives an excuse, don't try to talk her into it or show your disappointment. Just say something like "Ok, maybe some other time" and end the interaction with her.

If she indicates that she would like to go but her schedule is booked, you can try to work out another time, but if you show too much flexibility that can be a bad sign to her, as she will expect you to be busy at least some of the time.

Date invitations work best when your frame of mind is that you will do the activity regardless of whether she comes or not. Ideally, you would have several women's phone numbers and if your first choice declines, you immediately hang up the phone and call girl 2.

Modify the above as needed to fit your situation.

16. ArthurPewty

ArthurPewty New Member

Definitely, but I'm learning more and more to see flirtation as just an adult game. Not like "Hate the game, not the player" kind of game, but that it's the adult equivalent of a chance to take on different roles (who acts all suave at work?) and be silly, or at least not so serious. And like children's game, the whole thing isn't about "winning" or "losing", it's about having fun. And always remember that you can always play again if it doesn't turn out how you wanted.

17. tominos

tominos New Member

girls take programming to hook up with guys? i don't really think girls do this here.

18. razi

razi New Member

listen to this man and do this with confidence.

when you ask, look into her eyes and smile, btw.

19. BadRotation

BadRotation New Member

NO NO NO!!!!

Never say 'hey, I was wondering....'

Take charge of the situation. Make it so she cant say no... 'wondering' makes you look weak and submissive.

20. mrchina

mrchina Guest

Just walk up to the girl and ask if she wants to dance with you during the class, assuming you can pick partners in the class. That way you can get to know her just a little bit. Then if you hit it off ask her to the dance.

21. lauren

lauren Active Member

i dont think they take any course with hooking up as the goal. i was just saying, it was the most favorable ratio wise, and the girls tend to be very flirty.

22. ArthurPewty

ArthurPewty New Member

I've heard that many a young lady has enrolled at Michigan Tech (big engineering program) with the goal of finding a husband.

23. tominos

tominos New Member

hmm, got an example?

24. lauren

lauren Active Member

most girls in general go to college to get their mrs.

25. Toda Party

Toda Party .....

Dancing is the absolute easiest way to meet women. Ask her to dance, talk, get phone number.