Apple's Customer service :cool:

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Bolicious, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

They are the shit. So my Christmas present from my Girl was an iPod. With that order, I ordered a black iTrip and a XtremeMac firewire Car Charger. Needless to say, I didn't know much about the iPod or it's connection types. Well, when I got the iPod and the car charger, I realised that they don't work because the charger is for 1st and 2nd gens. My fault. But at the same time, it says that no where on the website what model it is for. So I called Apple.

They told me not to sweat it and that they would upgrade me to the correct model at no charge and have it out to me in 2 days. I'm pretty sure I don't have to return this, but I'll call them back when my order get's here. That's what he made it sound like. If so, that a free $20 product shipped. If not, it's a $20 product exchanged for the $12 product I paid for, shipped for free.

win/win :eek3d:

2. xxxgames12

xxxgames12 Guest

ugh.. i SOOO disagree. apple's customer service SUCKS! ...sure if you have the plan and stuff the quality is great... but like after 90 days of your purchase or something you have to play like 40 dollars or something with a "contract" to talk to them. that part sucks. but if you are allowed to talk to them and have a care protection plan or something than yea- it's pretty cool

3. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

:hsugh: I don't have any plans.

4. IcyHot4Life

IcyHot4Life Str8 Ballin'

:coold: it seems to vary from person to person, some people have had excellent service and others... :hsugh:

I have a friend who bought a pair of those "apple pro speakers", the round, clear plastic speakers that plugged into the digital audio port on the Quicksilver G4s :hsugh:

Anyway his pair didn't work, so Apple just sent him a new one free... this happened three times until he found one that "worked"... turns out he wasn't plugging them in far enough :mamoru: but he had three pairs before he was done, then he gave one to me :o

win/win x 2 :coold:

5. xxxgames12

xxxgames12 Guest

you kind of do because your thingy is new so you have like a 90-day warranty and tech support stuff

6. xxxgames12

xxxgames12 Guest

LOL.. did he keep the old ones or did he have to send them back in to get the free ones?

7. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

which is free

8. IcyHot4Life

IcyHot4Life Str8 Ballin'

kept them :cool: even though he couldn't use them :embd:

he did give a pair to me though :coold: