AppleCare

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by eatininbed01, Feb 13, 2007.

1. eatininbed01

eatininbed01 OT Supporter

Do you know if AppleCare is transferrable to different computers?

I'm thinking of scrapping my MBP (there are problems with the fan and a dent that will cost me $1200 to fix) and probably getting a macbook, which would be less than the cost to fix (the base model is good for me, i don't need much more).

2. quid

quid I Piss Excellence OT Supporter

why is it going to cost you anything if you ahve applecare :confused:

3. Chadder007

Chadder007 OG Diamond Member

4. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

Dent= apple owns him and says "There's evidence of damage, we won't fix it"

Thats my guess. My friend had a powerbook that had the Hardrive just crap out, totally fried. Apple care did nothing of it because on one of the corners there was like a scratch that "suggested damage"

5. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

theres a scratch on one of the corners of my macbook. it's on the white plastic case outside on the screen portion. this thing is like 3 months old with applecare, i'll be pissed if i paid that money and i get denied

6. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

i think i can just wetsand it out with 1200grit and then polish the surface with rubbing compound
    it is only clear plastic, if i'm in a pinch and my macbook dies, i will do that

7. eatininbed01

eatininbed01 OT Supporter

i dunno, i was probably thinkin the difference between the actual cost of me buying it ($1900) minus the cost, and then possibly minus another 100 for use (i bought it back in may, so it's been a year or so)...i think my friend here was gonna buy it though, so sorry.

8. skolen

skolen Guest

Can I buy AppleCare on my G5 that's out of warranty? I notice they always sell it in the Apple Store.

There's nothing wrong with it, but it covers the 23" ACD I bought with the system.

9. jackback52

jackback52 Guest

i don't think you can. it has to be bought while the computer is still in the one year warranty period in order fr it to apply.

as for trasnfer, I doubt it

as for damage. don't say the truth and tell them that it must have happened during transport to their repair center. I've done that at least 3 times and never was caught with my old iBook