Apple warranty repairs take forever

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by dorkultra, Dec 8, 2006.

1. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

[​IMG]

so, to sum it up:
    bought a macbook on black friday. immediatly noticed I was having rapidly flickering pixels. they would go away when i would sleep it and randomly show up, so i couldn't bring it back to the apple store.
    called up apple care, after a couple of hours on the phone they finally determined it was a hardware issue

got the box, but sent it out 2 days later (busy with school), now i have been waiting for 1 week + 1 day

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=2898232

2. dorkultra

36mins on the phone, talked to the repair status rep, talked to the customer rep (got his contact info)

"go ahead and give it the weekend and we'll go from there if it doesn't show up"
    good thing i bought applecare :ugh2:

3. dorkultra

the repair status lady also said that it had been escalated to engineering, wtf?

now check this shit out:
    [​IMG]

i only had my macbook in my possession for 6 days, repairs had had it for like 8 days

4. DjShiznit

DjShiznit Representing Deutschland, yah.

Having repaired / facilitated repair for many manufacturers, including apple, sony, hp, toshiba, I can say that Apple's turn around for repair is much better than other manufacturers. Sure, it sucks not having your laptop, but it COULD be worse.

5. dorkultra

another 32 minute call today. talked to repair service rep and customer services relations rep.

relations rep told me the following:
    -the problem with the pixelation my my lcd was caused by the cable that goes to the camera. the lcd and the camera share the same camera
    -this is the first time they have ever seen a problem like this
    -the part is on backorder because it is rare that they ever have to replace it.
    -they have expidited the backordered part and made sure that a backup macbook replacement is available to me if the part doesn't come through
    -this is one of the rare cases that doesn't fit into 90% of what they normally repair, how convient for me...

so, i'm basically stuck waiting till wednesday. he said to call back if my status doesn't change to repearing (if it is in repair status, i can expect it on thursday), i should get a new macbook by thursday/friday

so, they've had my my macbook for 10 regular days, 7 business days. i only owned it for 6 days before sending it in.

applecare rules :ugh2:

6. dorkultra

well it arrived this morning at 9:30am, awesome that they overnighted it, probably costed a bundle to do that

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

what i don't understand is why they gave me a new battery...is it because it was a recall or because they drained mine and it was easier to just send out a new one instead of recharging it?