Apple Quality?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Legend Zero, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

So my powerbook is a little over a month old and i am noticing some flaws which are really ticking me off.. should i take it back to the apple store and ask them whats up..

this is my problem with the powerbook, and for 1500 bux i kinda expected more.. :squint:
    1. You know that part right above the latch, where the alluminum connects to the grey lining (well the whole right side of the latch is not connected or stuck to that grey lining while the left side is...)
    2. Battery is nowhere near flush with the powerbook on the back.

Pics for everything..

Crappy cell phone pics.. but they do show it..

This is the good side (the left side, again look at the silver lining and the alluminum touching straight ahead (rite by where the latch is):
    [​IMG]

In this picture, it is the right side of the latch, again look at it straight ahead, and you can see a little how it is not touching the grey.
    [​IMG]

This picture shows it the best, cuz you can see on the left how it is perfectly touching than as it ges closer to the latch it becomes to get "unstuck"
    [​IMG]

This is just a picture to show how the battery isn't very flush.
    [​IMG]

-IDK.. i may seem a bit crazy, but it does tick me off cuz know i will notice it forever..
    :mad:

2. Halon X

Halon X New Member

I've owned a number of powerbooks (1.33, 1.5 and now a 1.67) and have never had any problems with any of them. Take it in and have someone look at it.

3. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member

I thought those issues were resolved years ago. I guess not.
    If you bought it from an Apple store, take it back and raise holy stink. If not, call Apple Care and keep asking for the supervisor of the person you are speaking to if they don't offer a satisfactory solution to your problem.

4. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

I'll be able to take it in this weekend but in all honesty, i don't want to ship it off cuz that will take so long imo.. and that would suck to have repair on like 1.5 month computer imo.. idk i will take it in and decide waht they say..

2. lol i have music from limewire (have limewire and azueraus)..should i erase this type of stuff before letting them see?

5. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

also..can u guys actually c what i'm talking about from the pics, or do u think i'm just being a bit to anal?

6. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member

I honestly can't tell from the pics. Except for the battery one.

Being that it's only one month old, time is on your side. Call today.

7. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

lol, you can see it the best in the pic before the battery one.. is there a program like paint for mac? i wanna draw a circle about exactly where i'm talking about..

8. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

Take it to an Apple store. They will compare it to in stock powerbooks. If it can be seen, they will usually fix or replace it.

9. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

I think you're being anal because I can't tell what you're talking about from the pics. take it in and see what they say. you don't have anything to lose.