Apple Powerbook G4 Owners

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Braiker, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Braiker

Braiker New Member

How do you like your laptop???

I'm seriously considering the 15in or 17in superdrive powerbook within the next month or so.

Any problems I should know about?

Apple haters keep your comments to yourselves.

2. mrburner

mrburner Ron Paul 2008

i have a titanium powerbook g4 and i like it but really don't use it nearly as much as i thought i was going to be

i basically only use it when i am on a plane or when i'm at home over spring break (other breaks i bring my desktop home...pc desktop)

i prefer pc's to mac's generally but have been liking macs more...

only problems i've had: hard drive shat out on me...but you wouldn't have to worry about that...they used to use ibm hd's (i believe gateway used some of these as well in desktops) where they slowly get louder and louder (bearings going bad) and my read-heads eventually took a shit (well at least thats what it sounds like to me when i pick the drive up)...replaced it with a 60 gig

and 10.3 gets a pretty big thumbs up...they STILL need to work on their damn spinning color wheel though...i will get it sometimes if i just try to click on a text box or something really simple...10.3 fixed a lot of the color wheel problems 10.2 had, but i still get far too many for me to want to switch over to mac's (just an annoyance...there are other reasons why i still like pc's)

but if you are an apple guy, all of their new systems seem great...haven't gotten my hands on a g5 yet, but we should be getting plenty next year (i work for the IT dept. at my school) and i'm pretty excited for that

go for the 15 inch...a teacher of mine has the 17 and it is just monstorous...way too big for a laptop in my opinion

3. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

My ex-gf's dad has a 12" one (he's a Mac dealer, so he got it cheap). I've played around with it and it's an awesome laptop. If I were looking for a laptop and had the money, a G4 Powerbook would be my first choice (assuming that I didn't need Windows or Linux for school/work).

4. TurboDerek

TurboDerek My favorite meal is horsemeat and rice.

I use a 12" G4 but I'd like the G4 iBooks better. They take more abuse, don't burn you lap as fast and get better wireless reception.