Apple financing question :o

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by iridium130, Oct 29, 2006.

1. iridium130

iridium130 OT Supporter

Anybody know about the 90 day same as cash financing? I was wondering if the full balance wasn't paid in full by the 90th day, would my finance charge be from the full amount or the remaining balance? Not that I don't plan on fully paying it off by the 90th day, but you know...things come up :hs: I searched the hell out of it but I can't find an answer.

2. LooneyTuned

LooneyTuned Oil? Bitch you cookin OT Supporter

probably about ~28% interest

3. urban ape

urban ape take that take that take that

if im not mistaken, it works just like a credit card (it might actually be a credit card, i think its a mastercard through HSBC but i havent checked lately). the interest accrues on the remaining balance.

4. iridium130

iridium130 OT Supporter

hmmm...ok thanks :bigthumb:

I was just curious, I don't plan on leaving a balance on something with that sort of interest rate...but you know....just in case :hsugh:

https://www.juniper.com/app/japply/lp/TnCs.jsp?prodidreq=CCMPS02724 if anybody cares to provide a little more insight :hs:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2006
  5. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

The interest starts accruing (AND COMPOUNDING) from the time of the sale. So if you don't pay the entire balance by the 90th day, they add all that interest to your remaining balance due.

If you can't pay the interest, simply transfer the balance to any credit card. It's simply not worth it to miss the deadline.

You'll also prolly have minimum payments during the 90 days....DO NOT miss those payments.

6. iridium130

iridium130 OT Supporter

ouch. Maybe I'll just wait on that :eek4:

7. clog

clog NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!11

yeah it's just a mastercard through Juniper bank. interest rate depends on your credit score.

8. Coottie

It doesn't mean you should wait on it....simply be aware of what happens and make damned sure you A) never miss one of the minimum monthly payments and B) either payoff or transfer your balance to another card by the 90th day.

Just so you know, I recently financed my new Dell laptop using their (dell's) zero interest account - it goes for 1 year instead of 90 days. So you don't necessarily need to avoid these financing options....in fact....it's esentially free money (if you have your money in an interest bering checking account) so you can be making a sound financial decision by using these financing options. Just don't forget about A and B above.

9. iridium130

iridium130 OT Supporter

I bought my Dell I have now with their financing service...paid it off first month though :hs:

I wish Apple's was just a little more flexible...ah well, I'll live. To the Apple store tommorow :bigthumb:

10. Coottie

To be honest, I didn't read Apple's agreement. I'm just telling you the terms that all of these zero percent deals I HAVE looked at contain. I looked at a couple of these plans about 3-5 years ago and they all had provisions similar to what I stated in this thread.

As long as you make minimum payments and pay it off before the end of the 0% term you'll be fine.