Apple built in blue tooth vs A2DP

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by antiyou, Sep 29, 2006.

1. antiyou

antiyou OT Supporter

for the uninformend
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_profile#Advanced_Audio_Distribution_Profile_.28A2DP.29

Apples built in bluetooth does not support the A2DP profile. I for one am livid about this. I went out and bought a noise canceling bluetooth stereo head set and I have to plug in a fucking dongle to get decent quality sound from my powerbook. I have no trouble conecting or pairing with the built in bluetooth but the quality is utter shit. I can listen to my cell phones mp3 player with the connection in perfect stereo audio quality because the built in bluetooth supports the AD2P profile. I assume updating the built in bluetooths firmware could be done through and update. Something needs to be done about this.

Now am I the only person extremely pissed about this. Skype users are already bitching about it.

:madfawk:

2. Euclid

Euclid New Member

3. IcyHot4Life

IcyHot4Life Str8 Ballin'

I can't get too angry at that when you consider that 95% of all phones out there don't even support it, and that's where you'd expect that support to reside :dunno: hell, samsung's phones can't even support the basic APIs that let their phones talk to most computers

4. slfmade

slfmade New Member

i think you're the only one

5. antiyou

antiyou OT Supporter

:rofl:
    I think that if they put it in leopard it will be an osx update. It would be ridiculous to have to upgrade your os for a simple feature that should have been included to begin with.

I love this guys post....
    whiney ass bitch acts like it's the end of the world oh noes an apple product leak

6. antiyou

antiyou OT Supporter

actually most pdas and blackberrys support A2DP as well phones with built in full spport mp3 players like the LG chocolate

7. colosodian

colosodian Next Gen

too bad that phone has verizons crappy UI.