Apple announces iPhone 3G Pricing Plans..

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by verbal, Jul 1, 2008.

1. verbal

verbal Active Member

What the hell does early upgraders mean? Current AT&T users that don't have an iPhone?

2. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

yes, if you upgrade your phone early (before your current phone contract is up).

i take it thats the same for 1st gen iphone users? :o

3. TK-421

TK-421 New Member

like, your account isn't eligible for an upgrade discount. and that totally sucks.

4. verbal

verbal Active Member

I clicked on the Engadget article and found more. Looks like 1st gen owners will be able to get the $199/$299 deal.

5. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

AT&T released their prices. So much better then what Rogers is offering in Canada. Rogers killed the iPhone here :(

6. Kirk Hinrich

Kirk Hinrich New Member

so fucked up that every apple rep and att rep I have talked to has said "its 199 for everyone" ATT and Apple shit the bed big time by misinforming everyone that works for them

7. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

it is 199 for everyone. :hsugh:

just like if you were to buy a subsidized phone from sprint, new customers get the subsidized price, people who have been in contract for 18mo gets subsidized price with a renewal in contract.. everyone else has to pay "full price" for phone, however att is being nice here and offering it for only $200 more for the regular customers who want to upgrade and even those who don't want a contract, which doesn't happen to frequently!

as for the current iphone users getting the discounted price (which is the only thing that may seem unfair to you, since if iphone att customers get the 200 price point, why can't the regular att customers) well that has to do with apple i'm sure.. once you buy a iphone, you are now a "apple customer" as well as a "att customer" so i'm sure apple had a say and helped their customers out. :)

8. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Us current iPhone users get a discount cause we got raped on the price the first time around when we didn't get any kinda discount. Non-iPhone users that don't get the discounted pricing need to STFU. We've already spent $299-$499 with them and all that does is get us treated like new customers instead of existing ones. I don't have a problem with the pricing at this point.

I worked at Radio Shack in high school and people use to shit themselves when they'd wanna buy the 1¢ phones without service and we'd tell them they cost $400 without service. Things haven't changed, it's always been how it's worked. The original iPhone was the only phone that I can think of that is an exception (other then prepaid phones but it's not like you could get a prepaid smartphone).

9. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

that's not exactly true, because the first time iphone buyers also had non 3g plans and had the media plans so your plan was $15 cheaper i believe, which over the cost of 2 years is $360...

either way, i think the way that apple/att is selling the iphone is fine, subsidized for new customers and those who can upgrade, discounted for all current iphone users, and regular price for those not able to upgrade.

i think the increase in plans and the loss of the bottom 69.99 plan is a little ridiculous though. also don't appreciate the 200txt messages not being included anymore. :hs:

10. fridexter

fridexter Active Member

I had my iPhone on a family plan. Will I be able to just use the new 3G iPhone on the same line and family plan, and pay the $30 for data? Or will I have to use their new ATT FamilyTalk Plans.

11. reya

reya New Member

who cares how much the phone costs, att and apple sure dont, its not about the phone, its a loss leader, the money is in the RIDICULOUS monthly charges

i dont care what anyone says, i LOVE apple products, but the iphone MONTHLY plans are just tooo fuckin expensive.. i mean you really have to be a fuckin idiot to pay these prices... defend them all you want but 160 bucks a month for unlimited everything is just too damn expensive... i mean 20 bucks a month for texts on top of a data plan just shows you that they dont give a fuck and will take you for all your worth if you let them!

factor in that you have to sign a 2 year contract and its just ridiculously a bad deal, i mean its a terrible deal...

i imagine the only people who will pay TWO THOUSAND dollars a year for unlimited cell phone service are the ones who are so stupid they dont do the math or simply put having the iphone above having an ira or college savings pan for their kids

12. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

thats exactly why ive been telling everyone that att reps know shit about this. they are not high enough in the corporate ladder to know about this stuff before it comes out

13. Kirk Hinrich

Kirk Hinrich New Member

:werd:

14. Kirk Hinrich

Kirk Hinrich New Member

if I walk into the store and want an iPhone the 11th, I will pay more than 199/299, therefore it is not 199 for everyone. quite simple.

15. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

of course it's not, it will be $299 for those that get the 16GB phone.:mamoru:

16. Pseudonym

Pseudonym --

i know man, i'm pissed, it would probably be cheaper to get an At&t iphone plan with unlimited long distance and use it in Canada than to get a Rogers iPhone.

17. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

and 399/499 for early upgraders

18. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

Roaming is where it will kill you brotato. :hsugh: I cant even justify asking my company to get me one.

19. Pseudonym

Pseudonym --

true. i would be getting it on my own.. i was looking at the Blackberry Pearl, but it almost seems useless compared to the iPhone for what i want it to do, not to mention just as retarded of a plan.

20. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

so, what do i do if i want to get an iphone? i'm on a family plan, we have no data plan obviously

does that mean $199+ $30 a month?

21. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Do you have an iPhone right now? If you don't, are you eligible for the upgrade?

22. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

couldn't tell ya

" function viewMap() { zipcode = document.viewMap.zipCode.value; url="http://www.wireless.att.com/coverageviewer?zip="+zipcode; window.open(url,"window3","width=650,height=485,toolbar=no,location=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes"); }
    FP233: We're sorry, but we are experiencing a temporary system error that prevents us from retrieving your account information. Please wait a few moments and try again."

23. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

It's official, the US is getting the worst deal on the iPhone in the world. Hutchison 3 based in Hong Kong will be offering iPhone buyers in Hong Kong some of the best deals on the shiny new iPhone 3G to be found anywhere in the world. Some plans will get the buyer the 8GB iPhone 3G for free

To make things even more attractive, the 8GB iPhone 3G is free and has a downright affordable unlimited data plan. To get the free iPhone 3G buyers have to agree to a 2-year contract and pay 498 HKD per month, amounting to about $64 USD. That price gets 2200 minutes and unlimited data. If Hong Kong shoppers want the 16GB model they only need cough up an additional 138 HKD or about 18 USD. Cheaper monthly plans are available, but the device costs more with those plans.

24. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

no, canada has the worst so far

25. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Not my wording, theirs.