Apparently, TH001 really stepped in it.

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Scottwax, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

:noes:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-de...s-really-impressed-meguiar-s-late-thread.html

All his threads are gone.

It seems that Todd has several AE's that he uses to praise himself and bump threads. IP checks (and confirmation from someone who knows Todd very well) show that he refreshes his threads thousands of times over a few weeks to get the thread view up. Supposedly he now works for CMA too.

My source (if anyone would know, he would) also said Todd tweaks his pictures, plays with angles to get the most swirl free shots, etc. Many of the cars he posted were not quite as good in person as they appeared in the write-ups he does.

I think Todd is a pretty good detailer but it appears he does some pretty shady shit too.

Oh yeah, keep this to OT. No point rocking the boat at autopia, I am sure it will all sort itself out in the end. And yes, DavidB talked to the same person I did so he knows what I know.

2. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

Is that the 'Bella Firma' guy?

edit: Bella Machina or whatever the fuck

3. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

4. Scottwax

Yeah, him.

5. HorseDick

HorseDick Active Member

I met him at our Meguiar's class this past weekend and he seemed totally different in person, which isn't really surprising. He was starting shit with me online, and when we met in person he wouldn't stop apologizing and shaking my hand :rofl:

On a side note, the night before my buddy was saying how you (Scott) are on every fucking forum and everyone knows who you are. When Mike Phillips mentioned you at the class "Who here has heard of Scottwax?" we started cracking up :bowrofl: fucking internet celebrity.

6. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

so true. I was looking at the maxima forum and saw this shiny ass max. I was like, that car looks fam...oh, it's scott.

7. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

The one and only.

I saw a picture of a Texan with his shirt off and a crab apple growing out of his belly button. Knew immediately who it was. :bigthumb:

8. Run N. Gun

Run N. Gun Active Member

You say there's Internet Drama on a detailing forum? Say it ain't so, Scott?!?! :mamoru:

It pays to be honest, the truth always comes out. :bigthumb:

9. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Scott has been to Meguiars' class before too, so no shock Mike would know him/mention him.

All I can say is at least THIS time there's some real justification to the Autopia drama. Glad the guy got called out if he's as shady as he sounds. :bigthumb:

10. Scottwax

11. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

Todd's a prick and a shill anyways. Glad to see him finally get called on some of his bullshit.

12. billzabub

billzabub OT Supporter

Man, there has been so much drama on that board within the past month.

Is Todd about to be outed as the Milli to Holden's Vanilli? :noes:

13. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

:rofl:

Dumber & Dumberer

14. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

That just made me :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I don't think anyone has pulled a Holden quite as bad as the original though. Even tweaked pictures don't hide burned trim. Sorry to get off track.

:edit: This info wouldn't have come from BB would it?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  15. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

I may be out of the loop because of grad school but what is CMA?

16. Scottwax

I don't think internet drama will hurt Todd's business since it more has to do with his conduct on the board than anything else.

I was suprised DavidB would mention about the photography and hint that maybe Todd's details aren't as good as the pictures show. I don't think he'd have said that simply based on what Todd's former partner said. I wonder if there is stuff that DavidB is holding back?

One of Todd's supporters took a screen shot and posted this thread over on Autopia. Too funny. Nothing I wrote here isn't already posted in that thread. Not exactly the "gotcha" I think he was hoping for. Anyway, gmblack3a, you are welcome to post here if you wish. I'm a big boy, I can take it. Unless you unleash some unholy profane tirade, I won't delete your posts or ban you like y'all would do if I join up at Detailer's Club.

17. BlazinBlazer Guy

I'd almost guarantee there is... I doubt very much DavidB would want to destroy someone's business by defaming them publicly, as it would potentially open him up to a lawsuit.

:mamoru: Internet detailing drama cracks me up sometimes

18. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

once again. it really makes me lol that people get this worked up over some car wax.

19. billzabub

billzabub OT Supporter

:ugh2: ...is that what you got out of reading that thread? It's about business - "car wax" just happens to be the specific product. Any time there is money involved in any way, shape, or form, there will be drama.

...and, I recognize your screen name... you know better! :p

20. Scottwax

In the case of DavidB, he sells advertising based on traffic to his site. If he thinks (or knows) that someone is messing with that count, he has a right to be hacked off. Plus, if someone is working for a product distributor and doesn't disclose it, that is considered spam. Since DavidB charges for advertising, he doesn't allow it for free in posts.

This isn't about car wax but the integrity of the board.

I know I am not the only one Todd has rubbed the wrong way (he has attacked me a couple times on Autopia in the past, he did call and apologize one of those times) and there is a problem between him and tdekany that has been ongoing and gotten pretty nasty a few times. Todd also walks a real fine line between self-promotion and shilling himself, although not nearly as shamelessly as Tyler (aka Holden_04) and he is definitely several steps above Tyler when it comes to actual detailing.

Not sure where it will all end up. There has got to be more to this if DavidB is taking the steps he has and personally called Todd out with regards to the multiple accounts, working for CMA and not disclosing it and the comment about the photography. At least for David's sake I hope there is or he may end up in legal trouble if he can't back everything up beyond what Todd's former partner has said.

21. swedishstar

swedishstar Active Member

Scott, do you really enjoy all of the pubescent children over at autopia who enjoy stirring the pot? Take for instance, the "mature" person who seemingly flipped your undeniable but rational viewpoints into a "hate and envy fest."

I thought Autopia.org was about the bettering of automotive detailing through the sharing of facts; instead, the board consists of more sissy's and whiney baby's who are superb at placing words in other mouths and speculating than does the OTsub-forum on this domain.

I invite anyone from Autopia to screen shot this post. Please, post it on autopia. Maybe you can twist my words also. :dunno:

To the people who said ''give it up, it's done for'' : atleast there is some hope out there. To the rest of you on Autopia: grow up, infants.

22. billzabub

billzabub OT Supporter

Does it have anything to do with Todd heading up the "other" forum? I know that dates back to February. But, I wouldn't think that it could be that superficial. :dunno:

23. Scottwax

Some of the problems go way back. When I first got on autopia, it was the Zaino/Klasse men's club and I and other new members stirred the pot by talking about Meguiars, Clearkote, Poorboy's, etc. The Zaino guys really hate me, I guess because I don't bow to towards New Jersey (where Zaino is based) 5 times a day and they think I have too much influence over there.

I just ignore them for the most part because 98% of the members at Autopia are there to learn how to improve their detailing skills and aren't so product or personality focused.

24. Scottwax

I doubt it, especially in light of what David has publically posted in the thread.

25. BlazinBlazer Guy

:rofl: I remember those days. Hell when I first joined up over there the idea of microfiber towels was unheard of. They were still drooling over Fieldcrest Super-Pima cotton towels with the edges cut off and re-stitched with special 100% cotton thread to prevent fraying; I seem to remember someone selling them for $35 per towel or something like that :mamoru:

Now days I bet you'd get flamed for ever thinking of using a non-MF towel on any part of a car during the detailing process :noes: