Apexi N1 exhaust

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by lawnboy, Apr 18, 2003.

1. lawnboy

lawnboy Robert DeNigro

for those of you that have had it for a long time, hows it holding up? I'd prefer the all stainless GT SPEC, but its significantly more expensive. i liek the build quality of my friend's N1 on his integra that we installed, im just worried about non-stainless piping since i live in the north

2. get skunk2 and get stainless

3. Brigante

Brigante i'm a lurker without an avatar, deal with it

not a fan of skunk2. the n1 is the way to go for the best gains. my buddy has an n1 on his lude and it has stood up quite well to the nasty weather in northern michigan for years. i have a thermal on my lude. while from below it looks nice with all stainless steel, i actualy lost power switching from the N1 to the thermal, and it doesnt' sound that much better. the only gripe i have about the N1 is the coffee can bigass tip look. but as long as the power gains are there, i can overlook that detail.

4. jsmonet

jsmonet egg

the n1 is a nice piece, but remember it is also 2.5" as well. the gt spec is more expensive mainly because it has that magic number: 3" of inner diameter :)

i'm biased though, i have a nur spec touring and am an official blitz whore now.

5. lawnboy

lawnboy Robert DeNigro

well actually, its 2.5 in and then goes to 3"

i really woudl like the GT spec, but its so expensive. that 3" to 3.5" stainless piping is god :bowdown:

6. StealthMode

StealthMode Active Member

What's the point of going from 2.5 to 3"? It would seem it wouldn't help at all, now if it was a consistant 3" it would work not? Or am I completely off here? :wtf:

Stealth -

7. jsmonet

jsmonet egg

no, you're dead on. that's why the n1 isn't that great of an exhaust if you're trying to go 3" the whole way

8. r0gu3

r0gu3 Guest

I love my N1 .....

9. Warehouse

Warehouse Guest

Sometimes if you go large on the diameter of the exhaust you will loose back pressure hindering performance. I.E. you will notice a loss in low end torque...

10. Red97GST

Red97GST Guest

get the N1 if you are going to get a 2.5" downpipe/uppipe/subaruisgaypipe

if you are going to go 3" turboback, then of course the 2.5-->3" n1 isnt going to make a lot of sense. I think the N1 sounds kinda blatty and looks a bit ricey, but then again pretty much all the exhausts will look ricey in one way or another.

yeah my input probably didnt help you since I dont actually know which system provides the best gains on a WRX, but if they make one for it, see if you can get a thermal. I cant speak for NA applications, but on turbocars the thermals seem to flow very well. Sounds a bit better than the Apex'i IMO as well

11. Red97GST

Red97GST Guest

for turbocars, you really cant lose enough backpressure. no exhaust is the best one. but yeah 2.5" exhaust is enough unless you get a significantly bigger turbo

12. Warehouse

Warehouse Guest

For the fact that a turbos derives it power from the difference in pressure between the exhaust headers and the back pipe....

13. Red97GST

Red97GST Guest

ok corky

14. jsmonet

jsmonet egg

hahaahahahaha omg... *gasp* hahahaahaha

thank you, i needed that :)

oh wait, were you being serious? *dies in a paroxysm of laughter*

15. Warehouse

Warehouse Guest

Shoot yourself...