SRS Apathy

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by childofbean, Mar 11, 2008.

1. childofbean

childofbean Green Member

I haven't really been feeling any emotions lately. I can smile when talking to someone, but it doesn't reflect how I feel on the inside. Life feels pretty bland. I'm just waking up and doing what I need to do to get through the day. I don't have much of a social life outside of school. My weekends pretty much consist of hanging out with my ex-boyfriend or sitting around at home finding something to pass the time with.
    I will tell someone that I'm interested in hanging out with them over the weekend, but when the weekend actually comes, I ignore them or make up excuses for not being able to go out. I don't understand this part of myself. I don't know if it's that I'm really picky about who I hang out with, or if I just don't feel comfortable going out with other people.
    I'm not depressed or upset about anything. I just haven't felt true excitement or happiness in quite some time. :hs:

2. childofbean

childofbean Green Member

3. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

You need to break out of routine and try new things. I don't understand how you could keep doing the same thing day after day without wanting to kill yourself. Eventually it should get to the point where you just say 'fuck it' and do something about the problem.

Try exercising. :bigthumb:

Edit - don't be that friend who always makes up excuses and never answers phone calls. That's so annoying. If you don't want to hang out then be honest and tell the person. Tackle the problem head-on, don't hide away from it.

4. Striker22

Striker22 New Member

5. TheManLouisianaFace

TheManLouisianaFace and decide!

Apathy can be a symptom of depression. For me, it was the biggest symptom as I had no motivation or care about life or anything in it. Visit a doctor, I'm finally beginning to get some feelings back.

6. Vysion

Vysion New Member

It sounds like you have AvPD...