apache2/tomcat/mod_jk2

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by SLED, Apr 30, 2003.

1. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

:mad:

I've had nothing but problems with this crap. The documentation sucks and i've been through just about every step-by-step turtorial... I have never seen such a bad combination of packages. I'll paypal somebody if they can get this shit up and running on a box of mine, and show me how the hell they did it. :bowdown:

2. CompiledMonkey

CompiledMonkey New Member

I hear you. I've talked with SAs that had a hell of a time getting Tomcat and Apache working together. I'm sure one day I'll have to go through the same problem... :hs:

3. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

I've already spent way too much time on it with no success, and would like to avoid buying a "packaged" solution. If anybody can help, I'm willing to pay.

4. D1G1T4L

D1G1T4L Active Member

heh yea it's no walk in the park

i just use apache on one port and orion java server on another port

5. JazzHound

JazzHound Guest

I dont' know how to setup apache on linux or unix, but the tandem of tomcat and apache 2 seems to be a big problem expressed through this link. could be of help.

http://www.acg-gmbh.de/mod_jk/

6. no

no Guest

maybe i can help? the company i work for uses apache/tomcat on windows and linux as the base for our various products so ive installed and reconfigured tomcat just about eleventy billion times. i built our web/dns/mail servers (linux) and have setup apache2 a couple of times with php/sql support, etc. i havent mssed with "mod_jk2" before but im sure itd be similiar to installing php4 or whatever. so what version of linux (or windows :rolleyes: ) are you using? :)

edit: just looked at link in previous post regarding mod_jk2. if you still need some help im down. :)

7. DeeVoc

DeeVoc Heh.

yeah, as CM knows I've just had a hell of a time getting tomcat configured on my unix account. Ended up spending most of last nite getting it to find my oracle drivers.