AOL Broadband Question...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by IceMurder, Jul 7, 2003.

1. IceMurder

IceMurder Guest

2. Elusive

Elusive New Member

I have the same router and have never had a problem with it. As long as you have a NIC card or on board ethernet you will be fine. No need to use AOL's software.

3. mattATX

mattATX OT Supporter

awesome router i have the same one works awesome and flawlessly...also instead of getting aol broadband why not get time warner cable. Only difference is that you dont have to keep aol open to browse. TWC is always on and no connecting is needed. If you subscribe for AOL chances are TWC is going to be the one coming out to install it cause they are owned by the same people.

4. IceMurder

IceMurder Guest

Yea, well i already got AOL broadband like 3 months ago, and my dad likes AOL's email and things so thats why he got it. I will probably get the router tomorrow.

"No need to use AOL's software."

Well, i tried not using the software on the computer my family use but it wont connect unless you use the software. Are you sure there is a way to get around it? Because i would love it if i didnt have to use it...

5. Elusive

Elusive New Member

Not 100% sure, but I use Adelphia's service without their software so I just assumed you could also. Maybe someone else can show you a way around. Sorry for the mix up.

6. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

yeah i got that router. no problems at all.

i suggest it to everyone :bigthumb:

only thing better is a 486 linux box ;)

7. IceMurder

IceMurder Guest

AWESOME!! Thanks everyone. :)

8. Scn64

Scn64 Guest

I have that router too.

9. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

Dump AOL :(

10. Rob

Rob OT Supporter

:werd: No good can come from AOL. Sit down with you dad and tell him what is up and why AOL is no good (read: Slap some sense into him).

11. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

I did this with my parents a year or two ago.. they had AOL (regular dialup) and only really had it just because of the easy-to-use email and IM'ing.

When I told them that they could keep the same email and IM interface (by using AIM and using aolmail.aol.com), that changed everything.

12. Scn64

Scn64 Guest

I used to have AOL and never saw anything terribly wrong with it besides its somewhat high price for dialup. Now I've got cable, though, so we got rid of AOL.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2003
  13. IceMurder

IceMurder Guest

Well, i dunno but for some reason my dad likes it...its still fast and everything so i dont really see that big of a problem with it, but i am going to talk to him.