GUN Anywhere comparing slide pull weights?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by labotomi, Jan 19, 2010.

1. labotomi

labotomi I don't feel like saying anything cute.

my ex has a hard time with my XD40 and similar hanguns. Doesn't want a revolver.

Is there any site that has a comparison of slide pull effort needed to load a chamber for modern firearms?

sorry if I've posted too many questions lately

2. Radicus

Radicus OT Supporter

What are you doing with your ex? Either way, tell her to man up and figure out what leverage is. My 8 yo can rack the slide on my SR9. :hsugh:

EDIT: My 6 yo can too, I just had him try.

3. labotomi

She's still the mother of my children. I'll not explain further than that.

4. Radicus

Radicus OT Supporter

Still hittin that :naughty:

5. Radicus

Radicus OT Supporter

Oh and the SR9 has a heavier slide pull than an XD.

6. labotomi

She's kinda stupid in that way. She wants a Walther P22 as a carry hangun. I told her to at least get a 380 as a minimum.

7. Radicus

Radicus OT Supporter

My wife wanted a P22 also, I told her to fuck off. Got her some pepper spray instead... probably more effective.

8. Hypnos_VI

Hypnos_VI JENGA!

haha, my P22 is fun, but would i put my life on it...fuck no :o

9. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

sounds like it's time to fork over $300 for the Ruger LCP .380 like every other guy buying a gun for a female on earth

(or just get a j frame so you have pure reliability but yeah yeah i know she said no revolvers :( )

10. Floyd91

Floyd91 Active Member

It sounds to me like she's more interested in having a gun as an accessory.

11. labotomi

She works home health care and sometimes is in some shitty neighborhoods. Pepper spray may be more effective, but she'll never agree.

12. Radicus

Radicus OT Supporter

Another thing to keep in mind with women... Just getting them a gun and taking them to the range means nothing. Chances are they would end up getting themselves killed in an SD situation... Women don't have the inclination to "properly" learn how to use a gun on there own so a SD class would be in order.

13. labotomi

I've agreed to pay for a handgun safety and defense class.

14. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

But you and the other fucktards here have the proper inclination?

15. Radicus

Radicus OT Supporter

:rofl: Don't need it.. I have military training jackass.

16. Radicus

Radicus OT Supporter

Nice, sounds like you got your bases covered :bowdown: An IDPA intro course wouldn't be a bad idea either.

17. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

Dear Fucktard;

since i had to defend myself when attacked by a man with a knife (when i didn't have a conceal carry license or gun on me)

and did so with defensive wounds only as a result. (thank god the attacker was about 1/2 my size and wasn't very good with a knife)

yeah, i think i can take care of myself in a more efficient manner WITH a gun than i did without

18. phoenixTX

phoenixTX New Member

You and I know there are exceptions to what 2L Bunny wrote. He knows there are exceptions, but with most of the regular WMD posters gone, there are VERY few still here that are going to take any proper training and become proficient with a weapon so that they could actually save their lives or the lives of others.

I'm prior service Army and military training didn't teach me shit about proficient use of a weapon. Military experience should be considered an introductory course at best. Obviously one of the SOCOM groups would be an exclusion to that, but since we don't have any SEALs or Rangers posting here.... :noes:

19. Radicus

Radicus OT Supporter

I had military police training. :dunno: I feel like I know a bit more than the average civilian.

20. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

most of my training came from my father (started shooting when i could hold a rifle up)

since he spent a few years in the lovely country of vietnam in the 60's i'd go out on a limb and say he sort of knew what he was talking about as he taught me.

granted my ability with a rifle or shotgun is much higher than with a handgun, much do to his strong area being long guns, but I'd go out on a limb and say i can outshoot the majority of folks, now obviously some here do competitive shooting and shoot thousands of rounds a month or week maybe so i'm not claiming to be some stud, i definately would get whooped at the range vs you guys who train that much, but hunting since i had training wheels on my bike has lead to me being a better than average firearm user in my belief anyway.

i don't know shit about AR's andtactical lights and all that stuff, but give me my 12 guage and i feel pretty comfy that i can pull the trigger when i need to, as well as with my handgun.

self defense shooting situations have more to do with your state of mind and level of calmness you can maintain during a stressful situation than your marksmanship skiills anyway.

how many news stories have we all seen where cops empty out a magazine or 2 and hit the bad guy 1 or 2 times at pretty close range, i'm pretty sure they shoot better than that at the firing range, they just lose control of themselves when the fear and adrenaline hit.

training only goes so far, i'm sure anyone here that has been in combat has seen guys not handle things to damn well, even though they had similar training of others who just do their damn job.

now i'm ranting lol, i just took offense to a statement that seemed to say we were all incapable of protecting ourselves. some of us have been in serious situations and are still here so i didn't agree.

and i'm not saying i'm fucking rambo or anything so don't take this wrong, i'm just a guy who has been shooting and hunting since i could walk and i'm not a "fucktard"

21. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

fuck you, I'm a delta force mall ninja.:squint:

22. Keesh

Keesh New Member

When most people refer to training, it's not about standing at a range shooting at a paper target. Most serious shooters train under stressful circumstances, whether it be competition or FoF. How do you know you're 'level of calmness/state of mind' will be adequate unless you put yourself in that position over and over again? It's one thing to tell yourself you're a badass who could handle the the stress, it's another thing to get out there and practice under pressure.

23. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

true, i sort of think the fact that i sent a guy to intensive care when he attacked me with a knife probably shows i might be able to keep my head on my shoulders in a shooting situation since it'll be less stressful then using hands vs knife

and that's why i took exception to someone calling everyone here fucktards and saying we wouldn't be able to protect ourselves, on this board there are military vets, law enforcement personel etc. that post above was full of shit calling us fucktards

24. Radicus

Radicus OT Supporter

This thread has gone way of subject.. Most gun enthusiast have some know how of how to use their weapon in a SD situation. Where most spouses probably do not.

If my wife ever decides to carry she's at least going to shoot IDPA once or twice.

25. Floyd91

Floyd91 Active Member