Anything I can do for my girl?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Ep, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Ep

Ep Guest

Hey guys, just got a question for you adults. My girlfriend got a real **** hand with family. Her dad is a totally prick who refuses to pay child support, and her mom is really apathetic towards where her kids are going and how they get through life.

To make it worse, she crashed her one and only car last year. She's been working really hard but she has nowhere near enough money to pay for a car yet. AND on top of that, her mom ****ed her last year with college payments. Her mom decided to just not pay a bill and now her account is frozen. The $1,000 owed to the school HAS TO be payed before she can even sign up for classes again.

So the obvious answer is a loan, but her parents aren't going to cosign. I'm begging her to ask her relatives for help but she's embarrassed. Anyone got any bright ideas? I wish I could help her, my parents aren't exactly poor and my aunts are all extremely rich but I'm a douche and would only look like a scumbag if I asked for a favor like that.

By the way, I'm sure a lot of people won't have a faint idea but I'd figure Ill ask anyway. I feel pretty helpless. She's really an amazing woman, she is easily capable of doing real well at school and I have complete faith she can get a scholarship but she needs to get through community college first

edit: And no i can't start dealing drugs. Been there,done that. Out of the question

2. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

You're allowed to swear on OT.

And I think you should hit up your aunts anyway. How long have you been seeing her? Otherwise she's gonna have to sign a student loan on her own. They give them out like candy, she'll find a place that will give her one.

3. R.Kelly

R.Kelly OT Supporter

"real **** hand"

what is that suppose to be? dick hand? fuck hand?

4. BourgieBohemian

BourgieBohemian New Member

$1000 in scholarships is SO easy to come by... She could have that in a matter of a months just by submitting a few essays. Scholarships.com is a pretty helpful search engine for available scholarships and grants. As far as the car situation is concerned... It seems to me that your only option is to give your love and support (perhaps a ride or two), unless you can dredge up the courage to ask your Aunts for their financial assistance. Depending on where you live, public transportation could be a viable option for her- you could try looking up information about bus/train schedules and such for her- and maybe ride with her a few times to start off with if she feels uncomfortable. Try to keep a positive attitude, no matter what happens. The greatest thing you can do for her is to give her your love and support. Just be there to point out the silver lining for her, the sun has to come out at some point. :)

5. Abomb

Abomb New Member

curious as well. maybe he meant fuck head?

6. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

Public Transportation is a wonderful thing. Not as convenient as a car, but it gets the job done. Also my brother just bought a good condition Toyota MR2 for $500 :dunno:

College Loans today they will hand out to anyone. Just having a cosigner may lower your interest rates.

One thing I have learned is, regardless of how awesome you think a person is never just pay for things in this situation. One of my ex-gf still owes me $300+ and I know I am never going to see it again... I learned my lesson the hard way.

7. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I think he meant "shit hand," like a shitty hand in poker (bad cards - bad luck).

8. fray

fray New Member

I'm assuming the money is needed too quickly for scholarships right now. Does she have grandparents or anyone she can ask? Has s he talked to the fin. aid dept to see if the have any assistance programs?

I'm with falc. I think it was "shit hand".

9. razi

razi New Member

i read shit hand too.

a lot of banks are willing to give out school loans pretty easily too.

help her find a better job.

she might have to take some time off of school to pay for it. it happens, nothing wrong with it. I'd suggest she move the fuck out of her parent's place too, if she hasn't already.

10. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

It's her own fault if she's too proud to ask her own family for help.

You need to light a fire under her ass. She has to learn for herself how to fix her problems. You can be there for support and sympathy, but this should be something she wants to fix.

11. kristaliah

kristaliah New Member

Trust me - Loans are IMPOSSIBLE to come by. I was pretty much in the same boat and was working my ass off to pay for school. My parents gave me no money, no support and the only loan that I was eligible for I would have had to make monthly payments on and would basically be paying TWICE what the original loan was for.

I had to man up and ask my parents for support. Asking relatives would have been a little hard for me since none of them live around me and none of them even knew about the problems between my parents and I. If she's close with her relatives than she should ask them, but I'm a little wary of that because it could make relations with her parents even worse.