Anything I can do about stretchmarks?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Killuminati, Apr 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killuminati

Killuminati New Member

Does anything work with strethmarks? Does tanning work? I'm embarassed to tan because i'm so white plus I've got bad stretchmarks. I used to be kidna big and lost some weight. I"ve tried cocao butter but can't really tell if it's working. Any ides guys? Sorry if this is an odd post i'm kinda fucked up at the moment.

2. Jerky

Jerky "Do what you do best: shut up and follow me."

I'm wondering this too. I've lost about 45 lbs in the past year and have some visible stretch marks around my arm pits and lower back. I was told that vitamin E cream will work, but it hasn't for me so far. I think we're going to just have to suck it up and deal with it. :hs:

3. Chris3G

Chris3G Bullshark Testosterone

stretch marks from gaining weight > stretch marks from losing weight :big grin:

4. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

nothing helps, it's a tear in the skin

5. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

:wiggle:

6. N-Word-Jim

N-Word-Jim Cure for boredom

Sounds like yours have been around for a while and are of the white variation. If so, theres basically nothing you can do topically to lessen them. The scar tissue is much deeper than the first few layers of skin, so even a loofa in the shower & cocoa butter out of the shower aren't going to do shit.

It doesn't sound like you need a tummy tuck or wtfever the real name is since you just have some stretch marks and not a bunch of loose skin (I have a feeling you'd ask about flaps of skin before you asked about a few scars :rofl: ). Anyhow... the only thing I can think of that MAY work is laser stretch mark reduction.

There are people out there on both sides of the laser issue and I haven't had it done and haven't done a lot of research, but I've wanted to drop my stretchmarks pretty badly for the last year or so - I just haven't taken the time to research something that would cost me several thousand dollars.

That being said, I'm going to look into laser shiz seriously sometime soon. I don't have loose skin issues, but the stretch mark thing kinda gets to me in public :\

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.