anyone's s.o remain friends with ex?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Takumi, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Takumi

Takumi New Member

Is anyone's bf/gf still friends with the ex?

My gf is friends with her ex. He lives overseas though, so they email each other about once a week or so. No phone calls, thankfully.

But now, he is planning to get her an iPod Mini. I think it's a little inappropriate to accept gifts like that from an ex, but she says i have nothing to worry about. She says its just a gift, and has no meaning or intention behind it. I do trust her and all, but I dunno...

Also, her ex is a friend of mine, sorta. He's from the same circle of friends, but I wouldn't say me and him were good friends or anything. But I don't have any reason to really dislike him or distrust him.

I guess I'm just looking for opinions from people who have s.o's that are still friends with the ex. How do you deal with it?

Cliffs: gf friends with ex. I am also sorta friends with him (but not good friends or anything). he is getting her an ipod. Do I put up with it?

2. AmCo

AmCo Haters goin' Hate

what's the gift for? bday? just because?

maybe you're over reacting since you are in the same circle friends as him and you said you ahve no reason to dislike or distrust him.

3. Takumi

Takumi New Member

I think the gift is mostly 'just because'.

4. Toxicity

Toxicity New Member

Relax man... Im friends with 3 of my exes, we still go out and chill from time to time, its no big deal.

5. weakone

weakone New Member

Nah. If my SO was still friends with one of his exes, it would be really hard to get over. Even knowing he still keeps in touch somewhat with people he's hooked up with. There was once attraction there and how do you know if it ever really dies? You don't. I'm not friends with anyone I hooked up with or went out with.. I'd expect the same respect because attraction is a mutual thing.

6. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

Well, my ex is best friends with one of her ex's (as well as me, but we're slipping... it's too weird with the whole love thing). She was with me, and I trusted and loved her. I had nothing to be catty about. He's a really great guy too, she's got damded good taste.

7. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

don't worry about it too much. i'm friends with some of my ex's (although not one of them will buy me an ipod mini damnit) and nothing happens or will happen. trust your girlfriend, but watch out for her. if his intentions for some reason are sex, and he buys that ipod for that reason, and she refuses him... i'd be afraid of a backlash of anger.

8. LS Boy

LS Boy OT Supporter

im not friends with any of my Ex's----just coz theres no point to it. we had our times, and it didnt work out.....move on. plenty of people out there.

also, i cant accept looking at my "FRIEND" aka ex who i dated/had sex dating someone else at least in my sight.

its just me :dunno: