MIL Anyone with Qatar experiance?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by CappyStyles, Sep 15, 2006.

1. CappyStyles

CappyStyles New Member

Not too much turned up on search, so asking here. Talking to the SGM on Monday, but from what I've been told so far, being offered a 90 day TDY to Qatar. Intrested in any info/experiances anyone has about the place, what the pay tends to be like, advice/ect. Thanks abunch. :wavey:
    EDIT: Do'h. Thanks ranger.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2006
  2. evan2

evan2 Guest

are you going to Al udeid if so take it, nice base
    living in dorms, you can drink 3 beers a day, downtown Doha is super nice and there is a load to do
    you can go downtown once every 2 weeks

granted im air force and you seem to be army, not sure but i know there is a unit of army people there

I had a great time there and was there when we were still in tents but we were finishing up the new place to live
    I was a construction inspector so I got to be inside of everything before it was completed

3. Wild Country

Wild Country New Member

Friend of mine stationed at Lackland went to Qatar and LOVED it. I'd take it if you have the opportunity

4. GochuBoy

GochuBoy OT Supporter

Never been to Qatar, but while I was in afghanistan Qatar was the place a lot of soldiers would go for R&R. Should be pretty decent. I'd go if I had the oppurtunity.

5. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

Yeah...I was reading online that us 6mo Affgan guys get a 4day R&R trip to Qatar...not sure if I'd want to even waste the time trying to go...