Anyone with Hyundai Santa Fe??

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by newsroom_can, Sep 9, 2001.

1. newsroom_can

newsroom_can Canada eh?

Does anyone here own Hyundai Santa Fe?
    I was at Hyundai dealer today and I had chance to test drive Hyundai Santa Fe. I never owned or drived SUVs before...
    I absolutely loved Santa Fe. My Tiburon is only a year old so I won't purchase a new car for another years but after I drove Santa Fe, I almost wanted to sell my car and buy Santa Fe. I know that I am going to buy compact SUV next time, and I am wondering if anyone owns Santa Fe...
    If you have Santa Fe then what do you think about your car?
    Or is there anyone who owns other compact SUV and want to share your opinions about your car? :wavey:

2. Wolvrin704

Wolvrin704 Guest

Its a Hyundai. Nuff said.

:greddy:

3. Santa Fes are severely "anti-heterosexual"

4. newsroom_can

newsroom_can Canada eh?

obviously you haven't drive any Hyundai and you have no idea how good they are. :cool:

5. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

yeah but its a hundiay or how ever its spelled its like driving a bug sure it drives nice but would you realy want to be acsught in it japan should stick to ecno boxes thats what tehre good at leave teh trucks and suvs to teh american boys thats what there good at just my opnion

6. newsroom_can

newsroom_can Canada eh?

Except Hyundai is not Japanese and learn how to write English properly...
    And tell me why American trucks/suvs are so good then...

7. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

i knwo there japan made

hmm why domestic trucks are better

bigger
    more power more room better styling more upgrade parts easyier to work on modify find parts for do i need to go on

and im dislexic so blow me

8. newsroom_can

newsroom_can Canada eh?

Do your research, Hyundai is Korean made.
    In someway, I agree with your opinion about American trucks BUT I don't care about trucks. No matter how good or how powerful they are, I am just not a big fan of trucks.
    I was just wondering about SUVs and wanted to hear about their SUVs, Not pick-up trucks, because my next car will mostly like to be SUV...

9. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

i admit i never looked up where they were make but by trucks i was also refering to suvs most suvs are built on truck frames and i dont knwo hwere you live but in iowa i think there is only one hundai dealseship compared 2 hundereds of ford chevy or dodge

10. Wolvrin704

Wolvrin704 Guest

I'm just messin' with ya. I have never driven that is true. But if its like my brothers car which is a Hyundai its built cheap. Nice entry level vehicles but definetly made cheaply.

11. I find it funny cause yer all stickin up for yer hyundai like its nice or somthin.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Since you like an SUV type car I suggest you try a Jeep Liberty. Much nicer, roomier, better engine/suspension and overall just better.

13. No Liberty. They are just as bad. At "camp jeep" when Jeep was introducing the liberty to the public, they had the liberty drive through some stuff. The damn liberty got stuck. AT ITS OWN INTRODUCTION!!!!!! Not that the SF would be any better...

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Didn't know that. But if you read all the motor trend etc reviews it gets great marks. At that price range you are really not going to get much better than the Liberty. Personally I would rather buy a used Tahoe, Yukon, Durango, even Expedition.

15. newsroom_can

newsroom_can Canada eh?

Some reasons that I am looking to buy a compact SUV is because

1. I don't really need a huge SUV.
    2. I don't want to pay much for gas. I don't think I can afford it since gas price is so much high these days.
    3. It would be used mainly for everyday driving to school/work...etc and ski trip and put bike in when I go biking.
    (it is pain in the ass to put a bike into my current car:mad: )

I like some big SUVs specially Jeep Grand Cheerokee and Dodge Durango...

As for the Jeep Liberty, I don't know what the heck they were thinking. I never seen that in person but I don't like it.

I will be buying a new SUV in three or four years. By then, most car company should have new styled compact SUVs...can't wait! But if I were to buy tomorrow then I would test drive Ford Escape, Hyundai Santa Fe, maybe Nissan Xterra but I don't like Japanese cars...and maybe one from GM...

Personally I am not sure about Japanese SUVs...I am maybe bias because I don't like Japanse cars but I don't like Honda and Toyota SUVs. What do you all think?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2001
  16. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

i dont condier the honda crv an suv its a 4x4 mini van teh extera isnt bad if you dont plant ot off road it why not get a mini van j/k but thats basicaly what you getting with MOST import suvs is a 4x4 mini van most are even built on car frames

17. Wolvrin704

Wolvrin704 Guest

Personally of the SUV's you are choosing from I would go with the Escape. I like the styling of it more than the others. For what you need it I can understand your choices though.

18. Guest

Guest Guest

My friend jeff (seventh circle) has a Santa Fe.

It's his off-road race-car type R nascar edition VTEC Hyundai Santa Fe, or atleast he thinks it is.

He drives it very, very hard. I'm amazed it still runs, and it runs great.

Hyundai is getting better, not that I'd ever buy Korean :)

If I ever get an SUV it will be built by GM.

19. hey fawk you all. i own a c5 vette and a santa fe. the santa fe is a great car. and they back their cars with the best warrenty on the planet.
    yera no even ford does that. and the exacape is a peice, my friends parents bought one and they had to send it back to the company cause there was an exahust problem.
    when i first drove the santa fe i fell in love as well. im serious anyone who knocks that car with out even trying is an ignorant fool. :mad:
    by the way its also the second safest suv on the planet. it blows away everything in its class, the rav 4 and cr-v are like geo metros in comparison.

20. yea like dan said, and he can vouch for me i drive that thing as if it were a 1000hp supra. im actauly way to hard on the car and i have it for 8 months and not one problem. i keep beating on the transmission and she runs like new.

what ford can do that? my friend just bought a mustang and is no replacing the tranny after 3 months. :p

21. also every critic loves it. i have not read one bad review on that car... thats rare.

22. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

i admit ive never driven a sant fe but why would i want ot i simply woudnot concider buying it i would stick with american made products even if i have to spend more on parts to fix it up and dont satrt all the crap that there made in japan and what ever teh main profit goes to an american company

buy hey if you liek the santa fe by all means buy it you have to drive it not me if it makes you ahppy go for it

and were you joking that it is the fastest suv does any one care ???????

23. dude i didnt say fastest as in fast, i said safest as in safe.

24. Wolvrin704

Wolvrin704 Guest

I used to drive my F150 like that and it now has 96,000 miles on it. Now I don't drive that way as often but I still have a very heavy foot. The only problem I've had engine-wise is a stripped out head when I stripped it out changing spark plugs. Its been a very reliable American made "piece of junk" as all the ricers would call it.

I'm glad you love the Santa Fe, but in the off-road truck world you'll get laughed at for having one. Its probably a great vehicle for what you need it for. But I would hate to get one into very rough off-road terrain.

25. newsroom_can

newsroom_can Canada eh?

Thanks for all your interesting opinions.

seventh circle,

Is there anything you can tell me about your Santa Fe? How is the gas mileage? What kind of options do you have?
    I don't know about the State but in Canada I think they only have two levels. Both have same V6 engine and the only difference is that one has leather seat, fog light, ABS ( not sure about this though, it might be included for other level)...

And in Canada, Hyundai doesn't have 10 yr warranty. They still have the best warranty in Canada. I think there is some kind of law here so that Car companies can not have such warranties like 10 yr warranty....:dunno: