MIL Anyone who went through basic in Georgia, please help

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Pheanyx, May 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pheanyx

Pheanyx Guest

Ok, so a loved one of mine is in basic for the Army Gaurd, infantry. All I knows is the letters I get are from Columbus, GA. It's passed the 3 weeks before he can tell me a return address. I recieved a letter today, tellin mg what to put on the envelope, "be sure to put the RED DOT on the bottom middle of the envelope, and my (roster?) number in both bottom corners." (he has really bad handwriting)
    I am assuming that this means I can send him things at this point in time without anyone getting in trouble. Except dumbass forgot give me the return address.

I've googled and mapquested this, and the only place that might be where he is is Fort Benning, not positive but it's a shot. I couldn't find the address to this place anyhow. Please, if you went to basic, Amry Gaurd, infantry, in Columbus, GA. Please, dear God, please give me the address. :bowdown:

2. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

3. Coco Monkey

Coco Monkey OT Supporter

:werd: on Ft. Benning...

how far into basic is he?

4. DaRkPhAnToM

DaRkPhAnToM FML OT Supporter

its impossible to give u the right address becuasae each training battalion has a different address. if u knew what company/battalion he is in then i can give u the address.

5. Pheanyx

Pheanyx Guest

Does possible pregnancy count as urgent?:ugh:

6. Pheanyx

Pheanyx Guest

His name is Private Justin Peek *prays that that doesn't come back to bite me in the ass*:x:

7. Pheanyx

Pheanyx Guest

This is his 4th week if I have counted correctly.:hs:

8. Pheanyx

Pheanyx Guest

Well, I don't know about the company/battalion thing, but he gave me his roster number. I don't know if that will help anything. :hsd:

9. Big Red

Big Red New Member

well if he has just now gotten his address then he is probably just starting Basic Training. He was prob in Reception this whole time.

10. Pheanyx

Pheanyx Guest

Update: I re-read this last letter I received a couple of times. I realized that the letter reads like there is another letter, sent before this last one, that is somewhere lost in transit of something. It would make more sense because he said that he is "waiting on a letter" but is sure it's on it's way. So yeah, I guess I'll wait and see if thats really what happened and the letter with the address was just delayed.

11. Pheanyx

Pheanyx Guest

12. Pheanyx

Pheanyx Guest

I can seriously do that, without getting anyone in trouble? Is it seriously that easy?

13. Pheanyx

Pheanyx Guest

That link don't work either. :hsd:

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2005
  14. Ranger-AO

SyGoat provided you with an email address and a phone number. Try the phone number and see if you can get to him or someone in his unit that way.

If you need to contact him via the Red Cross, you will need to know his Social Security #. And I would say that letting him know that he's going to be a daddy would be important enough to use the Red Cross. :) They don't get to pass along good news often enough. :bigthumb:

15. Pheanyx

Pheanyx Guest

See that would be great and all if I knew his SSN, and if it was actually "good" news that I'm pregnant. Heh, little young to be a mommy.:sadwavey:

16. Pheanyx

Pheanyx Guest

I wish it really were that easy. I don't have long distance phone sevice. Maybe I'll get a cheap phone card and try that.:hs:

17. Ranger-AO

Call his parents. They've used his SSN every year since he was born to take the dependant deductions on their taxes, so they should be able to give it to you. Another alternative (and I don't know if this will work or not) is to call the recruiter he used when he joined. He might be able to get you some contact info.

On a side note, I'm going to edit out the personal details from the posts in this thread. It could be very dangerous for someone to see and use things like his name and phone # online - especially while he's in basic training (just ask BigFodee). :noes: I'll PM them to you after I edit them from the thread.

edit: PM sent. Good luck!

18. Pheanyx

Pheanyx Guest

All right, he called yesterday and I was still at school rehersing for the One Act play that I am acting. I wish I could have been there to get the call.

Oh, and I git another letter from him, he even sent me stamps *awe*, "cept he STILL forgot the address. :uh: I am going to try and call him as soon as I can get a phine card, having cheap parents sucks.:doh:

19. bigfodee

bigfodee Active Member

:hs:

20. Pheanyx

Pheanyx Guest

Good news I'm not pregnant. I have a real problem though, I am soo busy that the only time I have to call and see if I can get the address is too late to be calling, and the 2 hour time difference doesn't help either. I would feel horrible using the Red Cross number to try to find something out, like an address, when there is no emergency and the other numbers seem like the only time I get a chance to call is too late to be doing so.
    I feel bad because he is probably sitting there, not literally, waiting for a letter from me and I have no address to send it to. He probably thinks I forgot about him or something because he probably doesn't realize that I never got the address. He's not the brightest one that way. I love him so much, and I know he loves me right back, and probably more, but I feel like I'm hurting him by not being able to send him my love in a letter. It would be a great help if someone who knows to give me the address, PM me if you have to, but I just feel so bad for not being able to do this simple thing. Please, not asking for so much, just a little help.

21. Ranger-AO

Phheanyx - you've already been provided with multiple ways to obtain the address. I'm sorry that the calling times aren't convenient for you, but life is what it is.

It's time to get on the phone, or get on with life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.