anyone using pixelmator?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by gui3, Feb 23, 2008.

1. gui3

gui3 all the dude ever wanted was his rug back

for $60, is it a good photoshop alternative?

i'm friggin' around with the demo right now and it sure as hell runs faster than photoshop.

2. itwasntme

itwasntme New Member

I just installed it (finally) today. I cannot believe how damn light the program is. Starts up in less than 2 seconds to fully operational. Does everything I need it to do. I uninstalled Photoshop elements 6 after I timed it's startup for 1:05 and pixelmators startup for 0:02.

No brainer. Programs absolutely rules. Can't do the amazing shit my CS3 can, but easily replaces my "little" photo editor.

3. LifeBurnsFaster

LifeBurnsFaster New Member

I got it with the machesit bundle, i prefer it over photoshop right now. Although you do lose some of the functionality that PS has, Pixelmator works for most small projects.

4. gui3

gui3 all the dude ever wanted was his rug back

well thats what i'm asking - what does it lose from CS3? what about elements?

my photoshop usage pops up whenever i need it - i have an idea, check the intarweb for a guide, then do it. so i'm not necessarily going to know what to look for ahead of time.

5. Budha

Budha Guest

I got it from mac heist, but really havent gotten a chance to really use it. I mean is it good for adjusting color levels and stuff that a photographer would use to create better contrast/saturation in his photos?

6. Pseudonym

Pseudonym --

i'm acquiring it as we speak, looks like a good light alternative since i don't need all the features of PS CS3.

7. Pseudonym

Pseudonym --

works pretty good, i do wish it had smudge tool and healing brush