Anyone using a Mouse or other USB device not supported with Mac drivers? SOLUTION.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Bolicious, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

Issue: When used on my PowerMac, my Logitech MX700 is damn near uncontrollable in photoshop when it comes to precision and don't even think of using anything other then left click, right click and scroll. Without any drivers, to correct the accuracy, I have no other option then to use either a Mac mouse or aftermarket basic mouse like the S+arck mouse (which I love, I just wish I had expose on the fly like with the Mighty Mouse). The Mighty Mouse won't work right with FireFox, so that option is out since FF is all I use at home.

Solution: Well, when looking for Mighty Mouse support for the one I have at work (because it's been having issues already) I found this shareware disk utility for USB drivers and even supports the Mighty Mouse. I installed it and configured all the buttons on my MX700 to work. I now control clicks, scroll speed, mouse speed, forward and Back on browsers, volume up and down, Expose and dashboard. All from the cordless LMX700 mouse.

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/system_disk_utilities/usboverdrive.html

[​IMG]

2. Skoles

Skoles Guest

I use this Kensington on my G5 and while it's fairly comfortable and smooth for general mousing anything requiring precision is horrible.

Even with the drivers I still can't hit a swatch in Illustrator or fly through a menu w/out over or under-shooting my mark. It gets to the point where there is a strain to hold the mouse tightly to prevent any of the slightest movement causing the pointer to jump erradicly.

I'll give that a shot when I get home.

3. StealthMode

StealthMode Active Member

Awsome! I've been wanting something like this ever since I plugged my MX510 into my PowerBook. It works perfect!

4. JointBeaker

JointBeaker packaging engineer #2 OT Supporter

USB Overdrive has been around for ages. Didn't know you guys wouldn't know about it. I 'think' I had it back with the last version of OS 9 *shudders*

At any rate...good find. :wiggle:

5. StealthMode

StealthMode Active Member

:rofl: Go me... I can't believe I didn't know about this... In my 3 years owning my PB... :p

6. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

That's the same thing I was thinking. How in the hell did I miss this before? :rofl:

7. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

i installed it trying to get my ps2 > usb adapter to work, but never got around to fucking with it. It looked like it could do a lot though :hs:

8. MrBucket

MrBucket OT Supporter

i just use the logitech software with my mx1000, works fine