GUN Anyone used a CompC3 2x 1MOA?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by merlin, Apr 7, 2009.

1. merlin

merlin OT Supporter

How do the 2X aimpoints go? I have read some reveiws saying the 2x is still fine for close quarters...if thats the case seems like a good advantage over the regular C3 given you also get a 1MOA dot.

Either that or I'm liking the Eotech 517 and a seperate 3x magnifier...(though this is $$$)

2. TATEROTE

TATEROTE OT Supporter

i've never heard of this, so this is an A+ meaningless post, carry on

3. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

I'd rather have the 3x magnifier behind a regular C3. I think a 1MOA dot is all the same as a 2MOA dot for the kinds of things you'd be shooting with a fixed 2x optic.

I like the idea of parallax-free, infinite eye relief optics for close shots.

4. merlin

merlin OT Supporter

Does the 2x have parallax issues?

Its very hard to get info about this sight - the aimpoint website dosn't even list it - only found it exists by looking at various online shops. You can salso get the 9000SC and 9000L in 2x and I even think I've seen the ML2 in 2x.

5. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

I would not recommend a 2x red dot. While I'm sure you could train yourself to be competent with this sight it is nowhere near ideal. If your doing a red dot then you primarily want a fast close quarter optic. For this reason I would want something close to 4 moa. It is just easier to find the dot and track the dot in recoil. This means you get more lead on target faster. The smaller moa dots are great for long distance shooting but you don't have the magnification for that at 2x. If you wanted to do long range shooting two then get a low power variable scope like the trijicon tr24 which is what the go fast crowd is nutting right now.

When you add the cost of a aimpoint + magnifier you are in the price range of a TR24. You'll have a lot more versitility with the TR24

6. merlin

merlin OT Supporter

Hmm you have me thinking - I have also seen that Bushnell have a 4200 model 1-4x and Burris has a 1.25 to 5x as well both for less than half the price of the Trijicon. I don't know if one of those variable scopes will "feel right" though on the style of rifle (Rem 7615) and type of shooting I want to do - red dot suits me well at the moment (but its a crap Chinese job with parallax issues) which is why I want to upgrade. I can't check any of these scopes out as buying online (our dealers don't stock them here) so have to go off what internet says unfortunatly.

Question - does the Tr24 or similar style have same field of view at 1x as an aimpoint or eotech?

7. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

IIRC the aimpoint is a 1" tube. The TR24 is a 30mm so it is larger. Very clear glass, true 1x at lowest setting. Then you have 4x to go out to 400 yards.

8. The Cable Guy

The Cable Guy New Member

Comp M2 is 30mm tube.