anyone use vonage

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by dead weight, Oct 10, 2006.

1. dead weight

dead weight New Member

I don't know anyone who has it. do you like not like what are reasons. looking for opinions . thank you in advance

2. samm

samm Next in Line

I use AT&T CallVantage, which is more or less the same as Vonage except it uses AT&T's network for part of the trip.

I have no complaints about the service, it is $25/mo for unlimited long distance and local calls.

3. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

I've had Vonage for about a year and a half. Installation to the network was simple and I don't notice any performance problems when I'm online but my cable is pretty quick. I have Vonage set to the highest call quality (and bandwith of about 90k) and it sounds fine. The only problem is that sending a fax over it is very hit or miss. So if you fax a lot or need other dialup data like a Tivo phoning home, Vonage might not be for you. I don't use it all that much so I just have the 500 minute for $15/mo plan which is way cheaper than the telco, especially when you factor in all the premium services they include for free.

4. 7960

7960 New Member

I've had vonage for about 4 years and highly recommend it. The only "bad" thing is sometimes voice gets a little bit choppy if I'm uploading something big while I'm talking on the phone.

$27/month for unlimited everything.

5. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

I like it - it's better than our VoIP network at work which is pissing me off since we're using a dedicated internet connection just for it.

6. RaginBajin

RaginBajin Have you punched a donkey today?

I use sunrocket instead, but I'm kinda biased on that. I've had vonage and it works just fine and dandy for me.

7. Nefarious77

Nefarious77 Guest

I'm looking to change to it next month. I've got digital telephone through cox communications and they're bending me over on price. I'm about to change to AT&T DSL and Vonage (call vantage not offered in this area).

I've read about the faxing problem and have talked to a few people that haven't had any problems. Vonage also offers a fax service if needed.

Check out http://www.vonage-forum.com/ for more info about the service and problems people have run into.