WEB Anyone use vbSEO software? Worth it?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Unknown User, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Unknown User

Unknown User New Member

It's $150 and I just don't want it to be a bust.

Anyone? Your experience? Worth it?

2. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

I've used it but the forums I had it on were dead so no real new content to get indexed. But I've seen people who swear by it and don't start a vb forum without it. I'm sure there are decent ways to SEO your forum without it but it is pretty powerful. Though for almost the cost of another vb license, it's pretty high.

I'm selling a vbseo (and vb) license btw lol ;).

3. Unknown User

Unknown User New Member

How much for the vbseo license? I already have a vb license, but wouldn't mind another one if the price is right. PM me :)

4. Retro

Retro New Member

How much for the Vb license? :naughty:

5. Comtrad

Comtrad Guest

I have it on my forums. It's pretty nice.

6. Unknown User

Unknown User New Member

Can you give me more info on it? How was your rankings and page views/hits prior to adding it on?

Have you gotten quality membership from it or just random?

Thanks.

7. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

taking offers ;). I was getting ready to post it on dp. I have to renew it before transfer so it will cost me $40 but that means you would be getting a full year so just like if you bought it new ;). retail $180 so make me an offer ;)
    pretty much the same answer as above with vb...have to renew it which will cost me $35 but you would get a full year. So tell me what you are willing to pay ;).

I actually have two of each but would rather sell the other set as part of the full site/forums instead of breaking it up and killing the current, albeit dead, forums. That one is ProSportsNow.com if anyone is looking for a fully built blog/forum but has time to promote and build it up again.

*edit - the "loose" vb and vbseo I had are now sold. I still have the prosportsnow site for sale that includes it's own licenses for both though, if interested.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  8. intrktevo

intrktevo New Member

if i didnt see you mention the forums, they would of been impossible to find. why didnt you stick the forum link in the main nav? there's plenty of room

9. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

yeah, the designer didn't do a very good job making the button link stand out lol. I asked him to make it very obvious and he made the big button but it's not real obvious. I've just been too busy/lazy to do any fixes myself.

10. intrktevo

intrktevo New Member

yeah, the main reason nothing of mine gets done, laziness. if the main site is getting decent traffic, just sticking in a link that says forum/community or something in the main nav would probably help that forum along.

11. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

Yeah, that was the main purpose of the homepage blog. But I haven't had time to promote it yet. And right now it's just an "auto" blog with news feeds so the content won't really bring much search traffic. If I had the time I'd write unique content which would help...hell, if I had the time to even manage someone to write it it would do good. But too many silly little projects on the table and never seems to let up lol.

12. MaK10

MaK10 OT Supporter

i have it, but it's a NULL copy... I would have paid for it, but my forum doesn't get very much traffic and I couldn't justify the $150... if i get more traffic I'll get a legit key, my vbulletin license is legit though :)

13. herzog

herzog unedukated rednek

Search around about it. It's a sham.

14. YourMomOnRyeBun

YourMomOnRyeBun New Member

If you decide you want to go with vbSEO, is this something that you could use later after you have started the forum? Or would you have to use this from the very beginning?

15. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

I'm pretty sure there aren't many drawbacks of adding it on later...it has built in redirects for your urls and such as far as I know. Though not sure what kind of effect it would have uninstalling vbseo.

16. Unknown User

Unknown User New Member

I bought it on Friday. Very cool features. I've made a "Pre-vbSEO" document with various specs of my site. I'll make a 3-month review and a 6-month review of it.