A&P anyone use radiopoppers?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by xenon supra, Nov 23, 2009.

1. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

I'm debating between PWs and radiopoppers.

benfits of radio poppers
    -high speed sync

benefits of pocket wizards
    -can remote fire a 2nd body
    -transeiver > transmitter and receiver

Does anyone know if its possible to fire a 2nd body with the radio poppers?

My main use for these would be to fire two cameras at the same time during basketball season (one mounted on the goal).

My other use would include portrait sessions, i assume I can't use the radiopopper high speed sync with my AB800? But i could use it with my speedlights...

Comments? Thanks :h5:

2. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

also, if PW ever gets around to releasing the Nikon TTL things, will that give me all the same functionability that the radiopoppers have in terms of high speed sync, etc?

3. NOR*CAL

NOR*CAL OT Supporter

I don't think RP can fire a second body.

I have the PX(1trans/2rx), and one JRx Studio to fire my AB.

4. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

i'm waiting for the JrX studio things to be released for Nikon Speedlights...

it won't be TTL, it'll be a little dial on the transmitter that you turn up or down to make the light stronger or weaker. pretty badass IMO...

Not sure about the firing of a 2nd body, i've never needed it. Why not just get a wireless radio remote?

I also don't understand the benefit of a transeiver over a transmitter and receiver... I mean you need two anyway, right?

5. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

how do you like the combo? Have you ever used PWs

the dial does sound badass.

why not get a wireless radio remote? because i don't have enough hands during a basketball game to be holding a camera and 70-200 and be firing another one wirelessly with another hand.

transeiver just seems easier than worry about both. i dunno.

6. NOR*CAL

NOR*CAL OT Supporter

I've never used/held PW, but I almost switched to them cause the RPs were pissing me off. BUTT!!!!! I read the RP manual, and everything was magically all better :o

Working 6 days week, doesn't give me a whole lot of time to shoot. I'll sneak out the camera here and there, but they're just snapshots for the time being. Until I get real good messing around with them, I'll take them out to play for serious.

The JrX, just got it last week. It's pretty good, having issues with the studio end of it, but I haven't read the manual. It's basically user error, cause these things are way more complicated than they look.

7. s14brent

s14brent Active Member

i'm trying to sell my elinchrom skyports to try out 2 jrX studio's/2jrX basics so i can mix my ab's and ittl speedlights. it would be so much more convenient on location it seems!

8. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

I think you can as long as you're not using the TTL function. I think the pre flash signal would trip your 2nd body... but I'm not entirely sure.

9. derekOT

derekOT New Member

Not sure about HSS with Nikon, but radiopoppers have a youtube video of it working on Canon
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWm3i3f3pOc

If your main purpose is to fire a remote camera why not go with the cheaper yongnuo trigger? Straight out of the box, u can put the trigger on your hot shoe and trigger a remote camera. I have been using it like that and I really like it. Cost was $30 bucks. Alot of people have been raving about the reliabiliy of these triggers. I have not had a misfire myself.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.28510

10. Total Xenocide

Total Xenocide OT Supporter

11. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter