Anyone use Final Cut?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by verbal, Jan 9, 2008.

1. verbal

verbal Active Member

Curious to hear if anyone uses Final Cut. I wouldn't mind attempting to edit some home movies.

I found a copy and I'm wondering if it's worth playing with and learning or if I should just stick with a different editing program. How hard is Final Cut to use?

2. Gomer

Gomer New Member

IMO Final Cut Studio has been very friendly, this is coming from Adobe Premiere 5-CS3 and Avid Xpress DV (which had a much steeper learning curve than Final Cut). I've been pleased thus far and the opportunities were essentially endless, think of me as a more towards prosumer video addict.

3. BIGsteev

BIGsteev New Member

I would say that Final Cut is pretty intuitive (for editing software at least). There really are tons of things you can do with it, which is really nice, it's just that sometimes you have to look for them. Anyway, it is considered professional editing software, so if that doesn't persuade you, I'm not really sure what will.

4. rosencrantz

rosencrantz New Member

start off with final cut express, the interface is exactly the same and has pretty much all of the same features as FCP. but the good part is if you are intending to buy it, you only have to pay for the upgrade to Final Cut studio 2. a differrence of 1000 dollars.

5. Stemby

Stemby Whoooose House? COOOOOOOOOOOOGS HOUSE!

are the movies just going to be for you at home?

cuz you are not buying just FCP you are getting a whole lot more.
    color
    livetype
    soundtrack pro
    motion
    compressor
    dvd studio pro
    and a few others