Anyone Use BlockBuster Online?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by dpolishsensatio, May 29, 2007.

1. dpolishsensatio

dpolishsensatio OT Supporter

Anyone here use Blockbuster Online? I currently have Netflix but was thinking of trying BBO. The main reason I'm thinking of switching is sometimes I don't feel like waiting for a movie in the mail and would rather go to the store to get one. Anyway, I know you can return and exchange movies to a Blockbuster store. Does anyone know if there is a limit on how many times you can exchange a movie at the store? From my understanding, you can trade in your ONLINE movie rentals for in-store rentals. So does that mean I can rent TWO movies from BBO online, take them back to a Blockbuster store and exchange out for two in-store movies. Then once I return the two in-store movies, I will receive my next two movies from BBO?

2. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

i've had netflix, and i have blockbuster now, there is no comparison, Blockbuster is so much better it's crazy.

I take my 3 movies to the store, pick out 3 movies hand them my 3 movies, they use them like free coupons, i take my 3 free movie rentals from the store and once they are checked in as my coupons they mail my next 3 movies so about the same time that i drop off the 3 in store rentlas i'm getting my 3 movies in the mail and so starts the next cycle, it's awesom

3. dpolishsensatio

So let me get something straight. When I return the two online movies to a store, they will me get two in-store rentals, and I the next two movies in my queue will be automatically shipped at that time or will they be shipped once I return the two in-store movies?

4. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

when they scan the movies at the store at time of renting the free in store, that is when the next movies on your que send out, the email saying they received the movies won't come until they get the movies at the warehouse but the email comes about the same day as my movies usually, once i return the on line envelope at the store i usually get the next movies in 2 days 1/2 the time before i return the in store rentals.

I get twice as many movies with blockbuster than i did with netflix each month, and i'm not kidding lol, no comparisson

5. Mallix

Mallix New Member

I've been with BlockBuster since they started to Beta Test the plan. I get 3 movies out at a time, and 2 coupon for games or movies.

I take my 3 movies to the store, turn the in and get 3 more movies. Then my next 3 in my queue are sent to me, AND I get my 2 free game rentals.

I can have 6 movies and 2 games out at one time if it's all timed properly.

BlockBuster OnLine Rocks!

6. dpolishsensatio

Wow that is pretty awesome! So I guess there could be times where you have 6 movies out at once? :)

7. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

yes depending how fast the mail gets the movies to you and how quick you take movies back to the store

8. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

I torrent :o

9. bruiser

bruiser I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all

BBO is definitely better

for one, you can just take the movies they send you to the store and exchange them for new movies.

for two (?), every month you can get 2 free rental coupons that you can take to a blockbuster store and rent any game or movie free. thus you can get xbox 360 games and ps3 games for free.

10. richbitch1

richbitch1 Peace OUT!!

how do you get the coupons for games, we were told that you can't rent games...?

11. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

you print them out :dunno:

12. jmechy

jmechy Calmer then you are.

blockbuster online is better in terms of what you get for the money if you are willing to drive to a blockbuster as well as get them by mail.

However, blockbuster's selection, both online and in store, is pure crap. Back in December when they were giving free rentals to netflixs members i went to the store with 6 flaps to get 6 movies. I walked through the entire store twice, and only found 4 movies i gave a damn about. The rest was all major blockbuster hollywood bullshit. They have almost no independent films, virtually no foreign films, basically nothing that failed to make millions in its opening weekend.

I'll stick with netflix. Although they are still missing some films I want, they have enough that my queue doesn't often drop below 80 movies, even with 4 at a time and me shipping them back the night i receive them.

13. caulcan

caulcan New Member

netflix all the way here

14. Hops

Hops OT Supporter

I have a question about the in-store exchange. If I take out a movie that is currently in my online queue will it be removed? Or will I end up with 2 of the same movies if I don't remove it myself?

15. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

you have to take it off your que or they'll send it to you, the instore rental and online que doesn't talk to each other in any way to eliminate that problem. it's happened to me 1 time that i didn't get it off my que in time after getting it in the store though so not a huge deal imo.

and netflix is shit, when you send movies back to quickly they slow you down on purpose and delay your shipments, blockbuster just keeps pumping them out to you regardless how quick your turn around time is lol