Anyone use any heated gear?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Emanon, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Emanon

Emanon Active Member

Thinking about picking up a heated jacket and gloves for this winter. We have gone the past two years without any real snow or ice so thinking about riding as much I as can but of course want to stay warm.

How fast do they warm up? The commute to work is like 20 mins.

2. BlkDrgnZ28

BlkDrgnZ28 OT Supporter

hmm i kinda wish i had this problem the coldest weather i ever hit is a 50 degree day and even then i feel kinda hot wearing my textile mesh jacket with the liner in it though, but on the other forum im on most of them love there heated gear especially the handgrips

3. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

research research research before you buy.
    Each brand has different temps they heat up to.

I've used heated vests and grips and seats before but I really don't have an issue with cold weather so I don't use anything heated anymore.

grips are nice in that you don't have to dick around with "plugging in" but they only heat your palms and inner part of fingers so unless you have a fairing or covers, gloves would be better for heat over the back of your hand too.

Jackets vs. vests.
    Vests are cheaper, you can take it off and still wear the jacket. Jackets though you can find with heat elements down the arms too but they are alot more expensive.

Another thing to remember, wind is the killer. Make sure whatever you wear you are windproof, especially the neck, wrists, ankles and waist. The 4 main areas where you get wind in and no heating system is going to work well for you.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008