A&P anyone try this bag yet?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Joetabasco, May 18, 2007.

1. Joetabasco

Joetabasco The Wing King

The Boda Bag

www.goboda.com

just looking for opinions... wondering whether its worth that kinda coin.

2. Jonny Chimpo

Jonny Chimpo OT Supporter

that is a well designed bag. nice.

3. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

Looks like a nice bag, but $200? :hs:

4. kiwi05

kiwi05 New Member

I can't see getting a bag for just my lenses, I would want something that will carry all my equipment.

5. :bowdown:

Preorder is only $165, I think i'm getting this

6. Evan

Evan OT Supporter

I hear think tank bags are the new hotness.

7. Cobber

Cobber Wanna touch my bunny hole?

why do you need something to carry your camera ... shouldn't it be infront of you eye? :wiggle:

8. I heard pw's are the new hotness. :dunno:

9. kiwi05

kiwi05 New Member

Very true, but when I've got all the equipment I want, I'll have a camera for my most used lenses. Two around my neck with a 28-70 or so and one with a 70-200, and then the extra body in the bag with a couple of more special type lenses, like a fish eye or such. So I'll need a bag that can hold all of that when not in use and with wheels, cause it will be heavy.

10. :mamoru:

Go ahead and walk around with the 70-200 on one of your bodies! You gonna kill yourself.

That's why this boda bag is sweet. You can have 24-70 and something like 50mm, or 16-35, 85mm on the other camera, and you can have the 70-200 in the bag ready to be switched out! 70-200 is too long and heavy to have around your neck with another camera body. when you make the slightest move that 70-200 will swing around like mad and hit walls and everything.. :noes: I'm sure some people here keep the 70-200 around their neck though :mamoru: I guess it depends what you're shooting.

11. kiwi05

kiwi05 New Member

I'm getting into weddings, I won't have the opportunity to ever set it down.

12. this bag would be great for weddings :bowdown:

good luck walking around an entire wedding/reception with a 70-200 around your neck, you'll be sure to knock out a few guests :bigthumb:

13. Cobber

Cobber Wanna touch my bunny hole?

No ... he would have a bag (sounds like a full bag at that), two cameras with lenses (one being the 70-200) all around his neck.

You would squat down to get a pic and never be upright again.

Edit: and that av is terribly annoying

14. mojito

mojito New Member

overpriced and stacking lenses in a shooting bag ftl. I was waiting for this bag for some time (fellow seattle wedding shooter) but its missed the mark. thats why I created my own bag ;)

15. You are suggesting he carry his bag full of gear all around with him while he's shooting a wedding?? :noes: :rofl: Walking around taking pictures at the reception with a huge bag on your back would be great if you're trying to knock people over! :bowdown:

Yeah let me get some preparation shots of the bride with this huge bag on my back.

*** knocks over furnature and bumps granny down the stairs... ***

16. Yeah stacking lenses isn't very convenient. :wtc: If the bag had 4 slots that would be great!

17. kiwi05

kiwi05 New Member

Yea, I definitely wouldn't have the bag, that's what an assitant is for. And they would probably have the 70-200 unless I'm actually using it too, but the lens would always be on that camera, not something that is getting changed on and off. I'm just getting started into weddings and haven't had the luxury of getting a great big lens yet, so I'm sure I'll learn lots as I go.

By the way, I'm female.

18. You're female, good for you, that's more reason to carry less heavy equipment around your neck. To tell you the truth. During a wedding the ONLY time you will really need to carry a 70-200 around your neck is during the wedding ceremony. And even then that's really the only lens you will need so it will be in your hands more than hanging around your neck. Unless you're one of those arrogant obtrusive careless photographers that walk right up to the front of the church and take pics in plain sight of all the guests with a 16-35 or something crazy!

During the reception there is 100% no need for 70-200. There are too many people walking around and the croud is too thick. If you want to stand in a corner for 20 minutes zoomed in looking through the croud for a peek of the bride and groom through the croud then that's all on you. There might be the rare couple of times where you'd use this lens during a reception but I have never seen the occasion arise.

Preparations at the brides house.... Yeah don't need a 70-200 for that either unless the bride lives in a castle :rofl:

19. kiwi05

kiwi05 New Member

You are probably going to laugh, but so far, all my weddings have been shot with a 50mm 1.8, and I can definitely see the usefulness of the 28-70 throughout most of the day, but there are definite times I wish I had a telephoto.

20. :io:

21. kiwi05

kiwi05 New Member

It's fine, say what you want. I know I have a lot of equipment to get before I do them for real. I need back ups of everything as well.

22. mojito

mojito New Member

23. mojito

mojito New Member

its not even just a lack of equipment, I can't imagine not being able to change compression. most of my shots are either 15-20mm or in the 135 to 200 range, with most on the extreme ends.

24. kiwi05

kiwi05 New Member

It's not ideal, but has worked for me so far. Everyone I've taken pics for has been extremely pleased with the results. I've also done tons of portraits with that lens.