Anyone try Lipo-6?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by houseofdon, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. houseofdon

houseofdon Simplify Moderator

I put on a little pudge over the past couple months with a hectic work schedule and moving into/remodelling a new apartment, and I want something to help me drop a quick 7-10 lbs or so before starting my next clean bulk cycle.

I DON'T want to use Ephedrine at all, b/c I've got a history of heart problems in my family, and I've tried it before and just didn't like how it treated me.

I've looked around at some alternatives, and Lipo-6 seems like it's got a good combo of ingredients, and has been getting good review on BN.

Anybody have a first hand experience with it, or another ephedrine-free cutter that worked for them?

2. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

still take into account that Lipo-6 is a stimulant and has 200mg of caffeine per dose. if you have a heart problem you might want to look at something with a little less caffeine.

but other than that, its a good product.

3. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Have heard alot of negative things about gugglesterones. Apparently only studies that support their effectiveness all came from India the only exporter of gugglesterones. Ccrooks is currently using Lipo-6 though and I have a bottle on the shelf that I'm still going to try next month.

4. houseofdon

Yeah, definitely something to consider. And I don't have a "heart problem," just a family history of it. I'm in good health, just don't think ephedrine is something I want to dabble in too heavily, especially if I can get decent results without it.

Have you personally used Lipo-6? What were your results?

5. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

I used it but stacked it with ephedrine. had good results, wouldnt do it again after reading about stacking ECY together.

6. houseofdon

The gugglesterone component of Lipo-6 is synephrine, correct? If so, I don't think I'm terribly worried about that. I used that as part of a stack once, and didn't have any bad side effects, especially when compared to ephedrine. Monitored my BP and didn't see too big of a change either :dunno:

7. houseofdon

The complications with E and Y come from dosing it at the exact same time, right? From what I've heard from Ceaze, you can use it in the same stack, just taking the different components at different times of the day, correct?

Either way, doesn't matter much to me since I've got my heart set on staying ephedrine-free.

8. houseofdon

Timber, would you have an alternative that you'd suggest? I'd much rather have something safer even if it didn't yield such dramatic results. As I said, I don't need to lose a whole lot.

That being said, I DO want to use something to help me, and I want to make sure it's something that actually works.

How about Lean Green? I've used green tea extract and like it for its other health benefits (antioxidant, non-stimulant energy, etc), but I'm not too convinced about its weight-loss effectiveness.

9. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

No. Lipo-6 has 20mg of synepherine HCL and 20 mg of guggulsterones.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=625469&highlight=gugglesterone

Guggulsterones have proven to be cytotoxic.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=622320&highlight=gugglesterone

As I said though, since I already have it I'll still use my bottle.

10. houseofdon

Good enough for you, good enough for me ;)

11. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

I take green tea extract (EGCg) also for the same reasons as you plus the added benefit of its apparent weigh tloss properties. Also take fishoil for the same reasons.

I'm still a fan of EC stack pre workout for both the fat loss and the temporary energy boost. Though I do have a mild heart condition too.

12. LS Boy

LS Boy OT Supporter

i was gonna get that along with biotek ephedrine.... but they didnt have any so i just went with xenadrine efx and taking it with biotek.... it does wonder to me!

13. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

When you say cytotoxic, how toxic is it exactly. Is there any documentation to the severity of it? I am asking because technically having a few alcohalic drinks is considered cytotoxic, but I assume that since you took the time to mention it, it is probably somewhat bad then.

14. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

i used it for about a month... it worked, i suppose, but i still didn't have my diet down yet. i should have waited until i had my diet set to start using the sesamin and lipo-6 b/c they're not that cheap... it worked, though, i dropped some bodyfat w/out losing much weight (actually think i gained some LBM), so i recommend it... but DO NOT go over the recommended dosage. i didn't feel jittery or anything like that (i don't respond too well to stimulants :hsugh: ), but there was that story about the guy that took too many and ended up in the ER or some shit like that

good product, might try it again (would definitely if it wasn't so expensive) next cut

15. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

right now, all i'm taking is a multi, b-complex vitamin, lean green, whey, and fish oil... losing weight (although i think it's b/c i finally nailed my diet)

16. drinkdran0

drinkdran0 New Member

i've heard a lot of good results with it. a friend of mine went on it and i didn't recognize him after a few weeks cos he lost so much weight... of course with exercising as well

17. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

The Sesamin and lipo-6 stack is what I was considering getting on. But the price is what kills it. I am going to see how much I can cut down on diet alone before I blow $60 on that stack.

18. houseofdon

Haha, for me, taking a cutting supplement is as much mental as it is physiological. My mentality is, "If I'm gonna drop 30 bucks on this, I'd better have my shit together!"

I must be lacking strongminded :wtc:

19. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

yeah, i kinda did mine in the opposite order... i assumed my diet would work and just started taking the stack... if i knew a month ago what i know now...

oh well, live and learn

20. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

my shit wasn't together.

just make sure you're on a diet that'll work for fat loss and you throw in cardio. you should be fine.

21. tekmode

tekmode Active Member

im taking the same thing except the b-complex, but I have a good diet of around 1800 calories...ive started to lose bodyfat, not so much weight though because i've been lifting quite a bit.

22. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

you doing cardio?

now that i'm doing cardio, i actually feel a lot leaner. i think i'm actually taking in about the same amount of calories as you :eek3:

23. tekmode

tekmode Active Member

yup, I lift weights then do my 15-20 minutes of cardio...ive been doing 4 day splits with only Fridays off :eek3:

24. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Check the link...
    pt and Bane are actually arguing that back and forth.

As I said though, I'm still willing to take the Lipo-6 though despite the gugglestrone ingredient not because of it. The yohimbine was the reason I was originally interested in it...because I haven't found a way to get ahold of it here in Canada.

25. lowridah

lowridah G

Timber, I've ordered Yohimbine from 1fast and it got through customs fine.
    that was last year though...haven't done it recently

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.