Anyone tried out one of the Dainese lids w/ built in BT?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by TL1000RSquid, Mar 26, 2008.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  2. SlickStick

SlickStick New Member

does it have speakers in the earpieces or something? That would be badass with a smartphone; music, phone calls, etc.

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

yeah, built in speakers. Would be nice for mostly music, and if I can get anyone else I ride with to buy one you can also communicate between them.

4. DoucheBag

DoucheBag New Member

doesnt really seem worth it for 600. also doesnt look like very good ventilation. ive got a scorpion that i like for only 300. seems like a better buy and just get some headphones. but thats me.

5. squid

squid braap

Bluetooth has a range of like 30 feet. It's good for use with bluetooth phones and for talking to a passenger, but forget about talking to other riders unless you're sitting at a stoplight.

Dainese stuff is overpriced and way overrated IMO, no way I'd pick one up @ 600 a pop.

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Pricey yeah but not really any more so then the high end models of most other companies. I've had one of their helmets before and a couple pair of gloves, quality on both was pretty good. Gloves lasted a lot longer then other brands I've owned. I'm waiting to find out what the shields run for this one have a feeling they're going to be expensive seems they have to be specially ordered, if they're $100+ I'm just going to get another Shark.

7. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

or you can get a bluetooth headset and attach it to any helmet.

8. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

No way my current one would be comfortable inside a helmet, I'd end up spending $80-100 on a new one that still might be uncomfortable. Its not something I need to have I'll pay a little extra for a helmet with the feature but if I get the shark I can live with out BT.

9. squid

squid braap

$600 is about as expensive as you get for a helmet, only the carbon Vemar and a couple of Sumomys cost more.

I had a Dainese suit and couldn't stand it. I sold it and bought a kangaroo Teknic for cheap and it's so much more comfortable and I think will hold up better in a crash too.

You just want to listen to music? Might I suggest these:
    http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er6i.aspx

Don't let the price fool you--they sell for <$100. They isolate damn near as well as a set of earplugs, and the sound quality is pretty badass. I wear them pretty much every time I ride.