Anyone trade in at Toys R Us yet?

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by hellodon, Sep 10, 2009.

1. hellodon

hellodon

It just went Nationwide today, but I guess it was testing in areas for about 6 months now. Just wonder if anyone had this in their area and tried it out...curious how their trade in values are.

Pretty crazy, they'll take Atari games, NES, SNES --(all the way to)--------->PS3/360

http://kotaku.com/5356376/toys-r-launches-game-trade+ins-nationwide-+-update

2. pbcustom98

pbcustom98 New Member

minteresting.

i has a toysrus near me....

3. hellodon

hellodon

I got a couple nearby. I might run some games by this weekend and look into it.

They're either going to be disgustingly low on values, or (what I'm hoping for) - higher than everywhere else initially (like Blockbuster was) because they're inexperienced in the game and have yet to realize that they can take advantage of people/rip them off and they'll still trade in games because they're broke and want new games (ahem....shout out to Gamestop!)

4. Hamsterz!

Hamsterz! OT Supporter

if this is true then im going to have to check out all the toys r' us near me, not to trade in, but to find some hidden gems. theres quite a few old games i kick myself all the time for not buying :cool:

5. W3rd

W3rd New Member

Thing about gamestop is, that's their business model. They don't have anything else to sell besides used games. Which is why they hardly ever have new games on sale. Which is why they buy low and sell high.

Hopefully TRU can keep it reasonable because they have another profit source with their store, toys. If they can do that they have an advantage over Gamestop and will profit off more than the used games because they sell other shit. Win Win Win.

Fuck Gamestop.

6. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

So has anybody tried trading a game in? I am going later to check.

7. Slurms McKenzie

Slurms McKenzie New Member

Does this mean they will be selling older games? IN FTW

8. Hamsterz!

Hamsterz! OT Supporter

:werd:

9. Lunacriss

Lunacriss it took so long to remember just what happened

every toys r us i have gone into the past year has been a ghost town

this sounds like an act of desperation

10. hellodon

hellodon

Guess you missed the end part....sucks because when I first read it this morning, thats what everyone was thinking..but Kotaku looked into it and posted that update later in the day....sadly they won't be selling what they get

11. Phasm

Phasm OT Supporter

12. Wthermans

Wthermans What does "New High Score" mean? Is that bad? Di

Toys R Us is grasping for anything at this point to keep from losing their business to Wal Mart.

13. A Juggalo

A Juggalo Active Member

they already lost. i forgot about Toys R Us. :mamoru:

14. s1cko

s1cko Active Member

in the original packaging :ugh2:

15. Fareo

Fareo New Member

ive decided that from now on im not trading in anymore at all. you dont get enough back to justify it and im honestly not that hard up for cash that i cant afford the few games that i want, as well as i have gamefly for the games i cant afford.

16. pbcustom98

pbcustom98 New Member

mind blown.

ive stopped buying mostly all single player games...im going to play through it once or twice and then be done with it.

only games im going to buy are nhl 10, MAG, and mw2. everything else, i have gamefly.

17. freshie

freshie New Member

so wait, who still has original packaging for ninteno, super nintendo or nintendo 64 games

18. hellodon

hellodon

I'm in the same boat. If I pay 60 dollars for something its insulting to be offered 7-10 bucks for it a month later. To me, I'd rather just keep it, I still have pretty much every SNES, Genesis, PS1, PS2, 360, Wii and PS3 game that I ever bought (I sold my original NES, regretfully, many years ago - ended up buying one later and as many games as I remembered having again) because when it comes time where I feel I'm "done" with a game, its usually not worth anything...even if it's just to sit on a shelf, that's better than 6 dollars store credit somewhere.

I have a few PS3 games that I bought in the YardSale that I didnt care for and I paid 10-15 dollars a piece for so those were the ones I was going to trade in...but gamestop offered me like 11 dollars for 3 PS3 games! I was hoping that Toys R Us might give me more so I could trade 3 towards something that I'd play...but in most cases, if I buy a game for full price I research it in advance and know I'll like it and I keep it for good.

I worked at Gamestop when I was like 20 and I couldnt believe what people would take for games. Often times I'd buy games from customers because they were willing to take 2 dollars store credit for shit...so I'd just do it behind the scenes and take it home for 2 bucks.

19. freshie

freshie New Member

im glad i work in a pawn shop and get games for free, which i then take and sell to gamestop, i keep all games i shell out $$ for