Anyone "top" Zaino?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by THT, May 3, 2005.

1. THT

THT The easy way is always mined

I currently use Z2 and Z5 on my dark car. I was wondering if there is any benefit to topping the final coat of Zaino with a Carnuba-based wax?

2. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

Well I would normally say no. I have topped in the past with s100, #16 and recently Nattys.

Now nothing really helped, but the Nattys after a few days of sitting (the Z that is) really added some wetness to it. I will try out the Z2Pro in a few days so not sure on that.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I would think Nattys or #16 would best maintain the Zaino look and just add some depth and wetness. Something like Souveran would be deeper and wetter looking but it will alter the super reflective properties of Zaino.

I'd try a carnauba on a panel or two and see if you like how it looks.

4. THT

THT The easy way is always mined

Okay, I tried it today. Four coats of Z2 with Z6 in between topped with Turtle Wax Platinum. It does indeed make a difference. The shine is deeper however, the difference is not large enough to capture on "film." I would do this again if I knew for a fact that the wax is not compromising the integrity of the Zaino. Thanks for your input guys! I'll give the Natty's a try next time.